• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    There are ways to avoid having a lower go on a 77R.

Making the lower your final purchase (or close to it) is key.

If you are unable to figure out the order of operations, use a lifeline and phone a friend. ;)

As for your comment regarding Anderson vs. Bushmaster, several years ago before the sale of Bushmaster I would have agreed with you. Also, a forged lower is a forged lower. Anderson doesn't cut any corners, they just do it in house and don't have the corporate overhead that Bushmaster does.

Their lowers can be found online for $40 shipped. I know of at least 2 different sellers who had that pricing this past weekend. Get on email lists. I'm on a lot of them...my phone blows up several times a week as a result, but it's worth the minor annoyance now and then for the fact it's saved me likely hundreds of dollars on just a few builds.

Can you explain how to keep the lower off of the 77r buy purchasing it last? I probably missed it, but I don't understand. Thank you

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I would suggest a Colt or a pre-Remington (original) Bushmaster.

We have an IP member here, Lou45, who frequently gets police trade-in and used AR's. Those are often good buys as ex-police guns have often been shot very little.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I would suggest a Colt or a pre-Remington (original) Bushmaster.

We have an IP member here, Lou45, who frequently gets police trade-in and used AR's. Those are often good buys as ex-police guns have often been shot very little.

Thanks Zoo for the recommendation.

Shooters Discount does get LE trades from all over the country, handguns, shotguns, and rifles. We had a really nice batch of MD compliant HBAR Colt AR's of various models in very good to almost new condition with cash or check prices starting at $699.95. This batch sold out just two weeks ago but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of these in the not too distant future. Keep an eye out regularly on the Shooters Discount IP section as that is where we will announce the future arrivals as they come in.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    And the point would be?

You buy an MD compliant rifle, to use the lower to build an MD compliant rifle??????????
    Let them play.

We build one rifle for each purpose. A dedicated lower for a precision build, a dedicated lower for a 300BLK, a dedicated lower for HD, a dedicated lower for a plinker, a dedicated lower for a pistol, and anything else we can think of. Then we put specific uppers on specific lowers, so that the upper/lower combo is static for that specific application it will fulfill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom