• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMore

Feb 23, 2008
    High Rent District
    The Mexican drug dealers are using military weapons to fight the Mexican government. The real question becomes what government or arms dealers is supplying them with these weapons? They are not getting RPG or HK automatics from the local mom and pop gun shop across the border in Texas. The Attorney General knows this they are just using the violence as an excuse to clamp down on our natural rights.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Why would a Mexican drug lord sneak across the boarder to the US just to go to your local gun shop to purchase a semi-automatic weapon one at a time, then wait seven days to buy another, when he can just go further south to columbia and buy automatic weapons and explosives by the crate full on any street corner? US lawmakers are really showing their ignorance.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Why would a Mexican drug lord sneak across the boarder to the US just to go to your local gun shop to purchase a semi-automatic weapon one at a time, then wait seven days to buy another, when he can just go further south to columbia and buy automatic weapons and explosives by the crate full on any street corner? US lawmakers are really showing their ignorance.
    either that or trying to cover up how many guns and other weapons from the ol'contra fightin and other things we've dumped down there and turned a blind eye to where they were going. "you mean we can deny supplying the fighting going on down there annnnnnd push the gun control here at home we want?"

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    has anyone bothered to ask the mexican police to provide a serial number from one of these guns? The 95% comes from the guns our DOD sold to mexico and then the mexican army selling it to drug cartels via corrupt officers.

Oh, and how about securing the ****ing border? if you had a secure border, 74% of Americas problems would be solved and none of the guns would make it across.

and I agree with a lot of people or a logic basis. I don't give a shit if 110% of the guns and ammo being used in mexico is from the US. That is better for our economy and there must be a fundamental difference between our cultures since Americans who legally own many more guns than everyone in mexico combined have a level of violence close to zero.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yup, it is a ruse and now instead of saying 90% of the guns recovered are comming from the US, it is 95%.
    Truth is that out of 27,000 guns recovered last year only 2,500 were traced back to the US, the the real number is ten percent, not 90%. They got the number from the number of guns they bothered to run a trace on (2,500 outof 2,700 or so) which means they did not bother to run them on guns that obviously did not come from the US.
    They are getting the guns from overseas, South of their border and from their own military and police as the soldeirs steal them to sell to the drug lords.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...o-arms-race15-2009mar15,0,229992.story?page=1

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    we need to stop this propaganda now. mexico is a failed state, its government sucks and it went down the wrong path. In short, because of their drug problem they imposed laws that abolished liberty and personal freedoms. This is unacceptable and nothing form mexico could be used to justify our government doing the same to us.

maybe after mexico fails we can take it over and the native citizens can just move south. we'll have a smaller border to control then and more beaches.

Bill

Mar 14, 2008
    Ocean City, MD
    What a moron. I can't believe he can look at a situation like Mexico (fierce gun laws and criminals running rampant) and claim that gun control is helping.

BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    I'm afraid the anti gun politicians and their minions are going to try to get as much traction as they can out of this . Billary was on the news today mentioning the guns coming from the US .

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    From the link:
    The State Department says firearms obtained in the United States account for an estimated 95 percent of Mexico's drug-related killings.
    I seriously doubt that the state department actually said that, but if they did, they are idiots. Many hundreds and maybe a thousand were beheaded out of the 6,000 murders, many were blown up by IED or grenades, etc., so we know that the 95% figure is false right there. Then there is the fact that there is no way they could ever know or even seriously estimate since the vast majority of murders are unsolved without a weapon to use to trace....so unless the bullets have a "made in the USA", the reporter or the State Department need to correct their statements big time.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Who TF cares, how many guns found in Mexico come from the US except the liberal statists who's goal is an unarmed population? Our population. So, I should be un-armed because Mexico doesn't want to control it's borders any more than our self-centered pols here want to control ours? I tell you what, have them stop sending drugs and illegals north and we'll talk about stopping guns going south.

I agree wholeheartedly. We SHOULD adopt Mexican gun control laws.

Then I could own any damn thing I wanted to. No NFA rules, no one-a-month limits, no 4473's and MOST IMPORTANTLY - no registration or records whatsoever. Machineguns, grenades, RPG-7's, mines - anything.

"but those are ALL illegal in Mexico" you say?

Hah!!!!!!! "Illegal". Right. .. Not when I slip a C-Note to the local Federale Capitain or village Jeffe.

I would LOVE Mexican gun laws here....

bboyneko

(T_T)
    Sep 10, 2008
    Great Falls, VA

argh!!!! I am Colombian (born in Bogota) and it is a pet peeve when people don't spell Colombia correctly. It has no "u" in the word.

BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    I agree wholeheartedly. We SHOULD adopt Mexican gun control laws.

Then I could own any damn thing I wanted to. No NFA rules, no one-a-month limits, no 4473's and MOST IMPORTANTLY - no registration or records whatsoever. Machineguns, grenades, RPG-7's, mines - anything.

"but those are ALL illegal in Mexico" you say?

Hah!!!!!!! "Illegal". Right. .. Not when I slip a C-Note to the local Federale Capitain or village Jeffe.

I would LOVE Mexican gun laws here....

:lol:

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    argh!!!! I am Colombian (born in Bogota) and it is a pet peeve when people don't spell Colombia correctly. It has no "u" in the word.

You are not recognized as Colombiano until you provide full knowledge of the restaurants within the area. The one in the Kentlands doesnt count!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom