• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Sent my comments to the house committee. and to Ron Watson who'll likely support the bill in the Senate. Ron is from the 23rd District in Bowie.

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    You remember......

Charlie Brown’s teacher? Whaaa, wha wha wha wha.
    That’s what these carry threads turn into. It’s nice that the lawyers here debate but that’s what they get paid to do. A couple years ago there was a bid to have first responders qualify, but the board sentiment was “why them and not me”. There in lies why you can’t move up your ambitions to carry a firearm. As a Registered Nurse for 30 years I’ve been threatened multiple times and having coworkers threaten and afraid I was a little hopeful that it would have been a “foot in the door” for everyone, but no. I know you believe it’s your God given right to carry a firearm but this law does weed out the folks that just want to carry a gun. If that’s your angle then just carry in Harm City like everyone else. Lord knows you can shoot somebody and never get caught.
    When I was a young man I took a lady to Manhattan for a few days. We rode the subway and getting off the train there was a couple Police Officers and my date asked them “Is it safe to walk out here” and the Cop said “Don’t you have a gun.....everyone else does”. That was reality and today’s reality is that you’re not ever going to get legal carry in Maryland. Does your conservative vote ever count here? If you legally carry and shoot someone are you going to jail? Can you feel safe from harm or prosecution if you legally carry? Is having a clean record and getting caught with a firearm worse than having a carry permit and shooting someone that buys you a federal hate crime?
    You can bury yourself in the law but the real world is an unpredictable dynamic place.

Disclaimer:I neither condemn nor encourage anything I’ve written but I do approve this message

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom