• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    What specific barrel are you referencing?

scroll down that link and click on the barrel you are referencing and then provide that link.

EDIT: I don't believe BCM has any HBAR's

Last edited:

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    If it doesn't say the word "heavy" or "HBAR" either on the barrel or in the description, I would stay away. That seems to be what MSP is looking for...they don't care about the dimensions, as long as the manufacturer considers it "heavy."

From a recent email response from MSP:

"The term HBAR is not defined in statute or COMAR. The barrel does not have to be stamped HBAR or heavy in order for it to be a heavy barrel. I would recommend obtaining information from the manufacturer of the barrel where they define the item being purchased as a heavy barrel."

ETA: It can't hurt sending an email to BCM and asking if they consider the barrel to be heavy. There are lots of barrels out there that you and I know are heavy, and so does the manufacturer, but they name it something else that sells better. I sent an email to Odin works about their "DMR" profile barrel asking if they consider it to be heavy. I got this response:
    "Our DMR is .750 from the muzzle to the gas block and then .855 to the barrel extension, so it is a heavy profile barrel."
    IMO, even if the word heavy isn't in the description per se, if you can get something like this in writing from a representative of the manufacturer, you should be GTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom