Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Top, L to R
    1940 Italian Beretta M1934
    1942 German Walther PP - Wehrmacht Issued, Nazi proofmarks
    1940 British Enfield No 2 Mk I* with cleaning rod
    1941 Russian Nagant M1895 with cleaning rod

Bottom, L to R
    1943 US Ithaca 1911A1 (From the CMP, Round 3)
    1942 US S&W Victory Model. US Navy Marked
    1943 German Walther P.38 - Wehrmacht issued, Nazi proofmarks
    1943 Japanese Type 14 Nambu with cleaning rod and spare firing pin

All original WW2 holsters except Russian, it’s a 1947
    All original WW2 magazines except 1911A1
    Still need a Colt M1917, a Black Widow Luger and a French Ruby.

WWII Sidearms - 13 January 2023.jpeg

Last edited:

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Awesome! Please take a high-quality photo of the family and frame it!

You need a better background instead of the towel. Also please send the photo to favorite people on MDS as a gift! Please, don't forget me. :D

You also need some labeling.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Thanks guys.
    I have no clue what you are getting at Michigander, but thanks, I think, lol

I have a lotta love for a Russian T-33 but not a lot of luck. I am looking but it seems like every one I come across is beat to death or they want a kidney for it - sometimes both. Kinda gave up and settled for the M1895.

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I have a lotta love for a Russian T-33 but not a lot of luck. I am looking but it seems like every one I come across is beat to death or they want a kidney for it - sometimes both. Kinda gave up and settled for the M1895.
    TT-33s ought to be cheap since the ammo is hard to find now.

Now buying 7.62x25 ammo could cost a lung...

Jul 1, 2012
    True Russian TT-33's probably never will be cheap, even the mutilated ones with the added manual safeties and ugly import marks. If you want a decent WW2 unmolested example prepare to fork over at least $1200-2000. But compared to others like 1911 and Luger (even P.38) that's still pretty good. It's just tough to find one with good original finish and the price will reflect that.

I'd add a French MAB-D to the list, probably the cheapest of the French WW2 pistols now. The Ruby is more a WW1 pistol. Maybe a Star, Astra or Llama to represent the Spanish but none of those that are German contract are cheap. To round out the "occupied" factories, maybe an FN 1922 and a CZ.27, both of which are still pretty reasonable. Then a Radom vis 35 (P35p) although those are in the same price range as the TT-33 nowadays. The FN High Power is also pricey but that would be a cool one too. But of course that has the super-dangerous 13-round magazine.

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    True Russian TT-33's probably never will be cheap, even the mutilated ones with the added manual safeties and ugly import marks. If you want a decent WW2 unmolested example prepare to fork over at least $1200-2000. But compared to others like 1911 and Luger (even P.38) that's still pretty good. It's just tough to find one with good original finish and the price will reflect that.

I'd add a French MAB-D to the list, probably the cheapest of the French WW2 pistols now. The Ruby is more a WW1 pistol. Maybe a Star, Astra or Llama to represent the Spanish but none of those that are German contract are cheap. To round out the "occupied" factories, maybe an FN 1922 and a CZ.27, both of which are still pretty reasonable. Then a Radom vis 35 (P35p) although those are in the same price range as the TT-33 nowadays. The FN High Power is also pricey but that would be a cool one too. But of course that has the super-dangerous 13-round magazine.
    Once again, I appreciate your insight and opinion.
    A High Power is on my list as well.
    I need fishing season to start back up before I can add anymore...the
    TOP SECRET//NO WIFE//GUN FUND piggy bank is pretty low. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom