• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Finally got it back out today with a better scope and ammo. Did not take long and I came close to matching the factory 5 shot test target,their target is supposed to be 46yds indoors sandbagged and mine is 50yds outside at AGC.
    The scope I put on is a 6 to 18 Leupold VarX II with fine cross hairs and a target dot,really nice for target work. The best group came with Lapua CenterX ammo,about 9.50 a box. Also SK Rifle Match did very well at about 7.00 a box.
    I used a Caldwell Rock rest and a rear bag, really lets you know just how important breathing, heartbeat and trigger control are, I had 1 target that would have beat the factory test target except I pulled the 5th shot.
    Anyways here is a pic of the best target today,almost beat the test target.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
      IMG_0805.jpg
      45.2 KB · Views: 188

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Nice shooting. Considering you were outdoors and adding 4 yards, I would say you matched the test target.

Never shot either of those two loads, my "high end" rimfire ammo is limited to the SK Standard Plus for now. On my Savage, it does very well.

That rifle of yours is stunning. Makes me want to visit one of their dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom