• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reccitron

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Here is the email I just received from Delegate Dwyer. I bolded the areas that he had highlighted in yellow.

Dear Defender of Civil Liberty:

Rally – 11:00 Lawyers Mall ( this is the courtyard in front of the State House, bordered on the other side by the Senate and House office buildings)

Gun bill Hearings- 1pm Miller Senate Building, Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee Room. ( 11 Bladen Street- when standing on Lawyers mall with your back to the State House, Miller Building is across the street on the left)

Hearing schedule : ( click the links to view the bill )

1:00 P.M.

SB 228 Sen Frosh, et Criminal Law - Use of Handgun in Crime of Violence
    al or Felony - Statute of Limitations
    SB 266 Sen Frosh, et Rgltd Firearms - Database - Applications for
    al Dealer's Lic - Rcd Keeping and Reporting Reqmts
    SB 281 The Pres Firearm Safety Act of 2013
    (Admin), et al
    SB 420 Sen Frosh, et Crimes - Restricted Firearm Ammunition -
    al Prohibition on Possession and Use

If you are testifying: Please arrive as early as possible to sign in, the committee will take sign ins until about noon. You will be given 3 minutes to speak.

If you are submitting written testimony you must bring a copy for each of the Senators who sit on the committee (20 copies) and submit them to Committee staff before noon so they can make sure all of the Senators have the materials on their desks.

I have attached an updated version of the fact sheet on SB 281 that can be made into a pamphlet (print two sided) – Thanks owed to Maryland Shall Issue for picking the bill apart and putting together the information. I know they are constantly going over the bill and finding new ramifications and so we are getting information on a steady basis which I will forward to you.

Please bring your signs, but please note it is prohibited that signs are attached to sticks or poles of any kind, and signs will not be permitted inside the buildings.

There is parking at the Naval Memorial Stadium and the Shuttle will run from 7 am to 9pm and typically run every 15 minutes. It is approximately a one mile walk across the Weems Creek Bridge and to the Miller Senate Building/Lawyers Mall area.

There are continued rumors and speculation about the President being in Annapolis on Wednesday.- I want to assure each of you that the RALLY and HEARING is proceeding as scheduled. I have confirmed with DGS police that everything is in place and no one will be made to leave or denied entrance into the Lawyers Mall Courtyard or the Senate and House Buildings.

We do know that the President will be coming to the Westin Hotel to address US Senate Democrats at their Congressional Retreat. We expect West Street to be closed. Plan of coming by way of Route 50 to Rowe Blvd and parking at the Navy Memorial Stadium. In the event that the shuttles are running slow, and you would like to walk, it is roughly a 1 mile walk from the stadium parking lot to Lawyer’s Mall and Miller Senate Building.

Please do not let this discourage your participation, we need every able bodied person here to come and speak up in defense of their natural right to self defense!

Be prepared to spend the whole day here, whether you testify or not, what is important is that we are there in numbers to stand in opposition. We need thousands of gun owners.

Constitutionally Yours,

Don H. Dwyer, Jr.
    Delegate
    Maryland General Assembly
    District 31, Anne Arundel County
    410-841-3047 (office)

[url]www.delegatedwyer.com[/URL]

Last edited:

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    You may or may not, I believe it will take you some time just to get in as we will have a large amount of people getting in and through security.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Is there a list of prohibited items beside the obvious, weapons, knives? Like bags, backpacks, cameras, audio recorder, notepad.... etc... are those allowed?

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    You may or may not, I believe it will take you some time just to get in as we will have a large amount of people getting in and through security.

Okay, thanks. So maybe "noon" is more of a recommendation to make sure you have time to get through the line and get to the registry to sign up. Well, I'll do my best to make in time!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Is there a list of prohibited items beside the obvious, weapons, knives? Like bags, backpacks, cameras, audio recorder, notepad.... etc... are those allowed?

Mute Cell phones, discrete recording is permitted.
    Back packs ok. Cameras ok Discrete....

They are anticipating TV cameras in the room.

Please no food or drink. You will be going thru metal detectors..

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Mute Cell phones, discrete recording is permitted.
    Back packs ok. Cameras ok Discrete....

They are anticipating TV cameras in the room.

Please no food or drink. You will be going thru metal detectors..

I'm planning to have granola bars wrapped in clear plastic wrap and plastic bottled water on me. If they set off the "metal" detectors, those detectors should be banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom