• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

Can't make it myself, so I thought I'd share with you gents. Eddystone in there along with a Hakim and some other pieces of note.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've done business with Patrick O'Neill, he doesn't have an FFL, so he uses a local 01 to do transfers. If you attend live and plan on bidding on an 03, like the Hakim, tell the FFL staff and you should be able to do the transfer there on site if your bid is successful. Saves you a trip to their brick n mortar shop.
    The last auction of his that I attended had a pile of Hakims and parts (3 barrelled actions, etc). I got a nice US marked Winnie 52 training rifle at a great price. Worth the trip, esp if the day is nice. Makes for a pleasant outing into northern Baltimore county.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've done business with Patrick O'Neill, he doesn't have an FFL, so he uses a local 01 to do transfers. If you attend live and plan on bidding on an 03, like the Hakim, tell the FFL staff and you should be able to do the transfer there on site if your bid is successful. Saves you a trip to their brick n mortar shop.
    The last auction of his that I attended had a pile of Hakims and parts (3 barrelled actions, etc). I got a nice US marked Winnie 52 training rifle at a great price. Worth the trip, esp if the day is nice. Makes for a pleasant outing into northern Baltimore county.
    Northern Harford County bud

My home turf of Darlington specifically

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    And I'm reading the ad right he thinks a Mark 2 is banned in MD?
    No that is the previous items:
    ; Wilson Combat model TR-PC-556-BL-DS multi caliber semi-auto rifle, s#WCA35702, never fired - NIB, REGISTRATION REQUIRED, BANNED IN MARYLAND; Jimenez Arms model J.A 380 semi-auto pistol, s#353939, extra magazine, like new w/OB, REGISTRATION REQUIRED, BANNED IN MARYLAND;

Jul 1, 2012
    "Jimenez Arms model J.A 380 semi-auto pistol, s#353939, extra magazine, like new w/OB, REGISTRATION REQUIRED, BANNED IN MARYLAND"

Hmmm... not so, Auction House. :)

ja380.JPG

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    "Parking in a field, bring your truck." LOL.
    Oh yeah, it's a big, slightly hilly grass field. Not too difficult if you have 4x4 when it's wet, less so if you're 2 wheel drive. SAABaru handled it just fine, new GTI? Not so much, even with FWD. Would never consider the classic RWD 924S if there was even a hint of dew or rain. No bueno.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Oh yeah, it's a big, slightly hilly grass field. Not too difficult if you have 4x4 when it's wet, less so if you're 2 wheel drive. SAABaru handled it just fine, new GTI? Not so much, even with FWD. Would never consider the classic RWD 924S if there was even a hint of dew or rain. No bueno.
    I know a few folks in the area who could extract you for a fee of course. LOL

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I know a few folks in the area who could extract you for a fee of course. LOL
    I'll bring Bucky along and hitch him to the tow hook. He's been bonding with the two huskies that live next door so I'm sure in his mind he's up to the task. Mush!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Well, someone topped my absentee bid on the Hakim. I hope one of you guys get it if you're going for it!
    That said, not having that absentee bid hanging over my head let me go out yesterday and pickup a more modern semi-auto. A Sig p365x to be exact.

Happy bidding to anyone headed up there tomorrow! Good luck!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Funny but I've never owner or had an interest in the Hakim. Odd as I'm fortunate enough to own a Ljungman and enjoy shooting it (if not chasing brass or the odd launched extractor, there's a reason why spare extractors are found in the Ljungman field kit). So Bucky and I hiked 5 miles instead. Besides, there are other more interesting fish in the sea right now ...

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Funny but I've never owner or had an interest in the Hakim. Odd as I'm fortunate enough to own a Ljungman and enjoy shooting it (if not chasing brass or the odd launched extractor, there's a reason why spare extractors are found in the Ljungman field kit). So Bucky and I hiked 5 miles instead. Besides, there are other more interesting fish in the sea right now ...
    The Hakim is interesting solely if you don't have access to a Ljungman. The interest is more in the realm of it being a stop-gap semi-auto battle rifle like the FN-49, BM-59, SKS, MAS-49, and Vz. 52.

I'd like to know what that Hakim hammered for, though. I had a max absentee in of $550 not knowing what the condition was like in person. With 10% vig and 3% cc charge on the hammer plus vig, I'd have been looking at $623 OTD minimum. Looking at similar looking examples on GB, anything higher would have been paying too much. I may be understating the vig and cc charge as well. Can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but it was as high as I was willing to gamble.
    So, instead, I'll get my first Sig, albeit, a modern one.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    The Hakim is interesting solely if you don't have access to a Ljungman. The interest is more in the realm of it being a stop-gap semi-auto battle rifle like the FN-49, BM-59, SKS, MAS-49, and Vz. 52.

I'd like to know what that Hakim hammered for, though. I had a max absentee in of $550 not knowing what the condition was like in person. With 10% vig and 3% cc charge on the hammer plus vig, I'd have been looking at $623 OTD minimum. Looking at similar looking examples on GB, anything higher would have been paying too much. I may be understating the vig and cc charge as well. Can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but it was as high as I was willing to gamble.
    So, instead, I'll get my first Sig, albeit, a modern one.
    Ya forgot 6% Governor's share. So a $550 hammer price is $654.50 OTD (19% total fees). If the Hakim is in VG condition then I'd say you were about $100-150 shy of the current market valuation. Betting it hammered for around $650-750.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Ya forgot 6% Governor's share. So a $550 hammer price is $654.50 OTD (19% total fees). If the Hakim is in VG condition then I'd say you were about $100-150 shy of the current market valuation. Betting it hammered for around $650-750.
    Yep, forgot the MD tax. Saw some recently completed listings on GB for the $650-$700 range that looked to be in similar shape. I wasn't going to go over that $550 if I could just grab one from GB for the same total price from a dealer.

Preach

Feb 10, 2013
    Germantown
    Jul 1, 2012
    Yep, forgot the MD tax. Saw some recently completed listings on GB for the $650-$700 range that looked to be in similar shape. I wasn't going to go over that $550 if I could just grab one from GB for the same total price from a dealer.
    Don't forget GB will cost you 7% on the hammer too (plus shipping and maybe transfer fees).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom