• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    So I'm coming up on my first three-year renewal of my C&R FFL and I notice there are two questions re: how many firearms have I bought or sold with my license?

In my case the answer is zero so that's what I'll put when I return the paperwork. I might buy something in the future but to date I've used it only to aid in mailing a firearm to myself (for example when I took the Amtrak Auto Train to FL I mailed my gun to myself at my father's address because Amtrak won't let you bring it on board even locked in your car).

So my question is: will the ATF care that the license appears unused by me? Do they expect a certain minimum level of activity, without which they'd eventually refuse to reissue my FFL? Could this go on indefinitely?

Again, not saying I won't use it for an acquisition someday, it's just to date I've had other priorities.

Thanks.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I've never heard of them raising an issue. A C&R can often pay for itself in dealer discounts and ease of shipping alone. That's your story...stick to it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    If you feel like using it I got a nice flat gate on the chopping block. Need to do a little more research to confirm my claims but she's a real beauty.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I got mine for the exact same reason. Ease of shipping to myself per UPS and Fed Ex polices.

Haven't bought a thing. Just renewed mine a month ago.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So I'm coming up on my first three-year renewal of my C&R FFL and I notice there are two questions re: how many firearms have I bought or sold with my license?

In my case the answer is zero so that's what I'll put when I return the paperwork. I might buy something in the future but to date I've used it only to aid in mailing a firearm to myself (for example when I took the Amtrak Auto Train to FL I mailed my gun to myself at my father's address because Amtrak won't let you bring it on board even locked in your car).

So my question is: will the ATF care that the license appears unused by me? Do they expect a certain minimum level of activity, without which they'd eventually refuse to reissue my FFL? Could this go on indefinitely?

Again, not saying I won't use it for an acquisition someday, it's just to date I've had other priorities.

Thanks.
    Not the only one.. (I also haven't bought c&r. Only used to get discounts on some online stores).

No need to explain.. Just put zero..

2week later. They mail you new card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom