• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013
    I was surprised to learn that the FNH PS90 was unregulated. What happens to this and other firearms like it after October 1, 2013? Does anybody have a list of semi-automatic rifles that will remain legal after October 1? Of course, the PS90 with a ten round magazine would be a total POS but the 50 rounders are easy to come by in Virginia.

OM

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I was surprised to learn that the FNH PS90 was unregulated. What happens to this and other firearms like it after October 1, 2013? Does anybody have a list of semi-automatic rifles that will remain legal after October 1? Of course, the PS90 with a ten round magazine would be a total POS but the 50 rounders are easy to come by in Virginia.

OM

Why don't we make a neat list of all the rifles they missed with SB281 so they can try again in the 2014 session?

spacer75

Amateur Rocket Scientist
    Jul 29, 2011
    PS90 has an overall length of less than 29 inches, so it'd be banned after 10/1.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Why don't we make a neat list of all the rifles they missed with SB281 so they can try again in the 2014 session?

This is about the 40th time I've read this same statement and it sounds dumber every time I read it.

The last list wasn't updated since 1994-ish. The next list will probably last twice as long. And to be honest SB281 DOESN'T ADD ANY SPECIFIC FIREARM. They carried over the SAME list from 94 and just put ban instead of regulated.

What they DID add was a "feature list".

If they really cared they would have used a few people in the staff to search firearm websites and ban each and every specific firearm. Instead they just put ban on the former regulated list and also added a feature list which they thought would cover many firearms.

I mean you really think you hold some special knowledge over a firearm that if they wanted to ban they wouldn't walk into a gun store and just look around. Or maybe go to one of the many website that has every tacticool rifle listed and just ban them all?

It's feel good legislation at it's finest with no real effort at banning EVERYTHING or they clearly could have.

Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013

Sounds like an I have mine, so I'm OK, screw you if you were under 21 on October 1 mentality. If you think they don't have their list already, your kidding yourself. It would be better to help those who are not able run out and buy a bunch of stripped lowers now with ideas for what they can purchase after October 1.

PS90 has an overall length of less than 29 inches, so it'd be banned after 10/1.

It is just a dream to shoot. Not a firearm for all occasions, but I think we'll try this for my wife's new home defense firearm.

OM

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is about the 40th time I've read this same statement and it sounds dumber every time I read it.

The last list wasn't updated since 1994-ish. The next list will probably last twice as long. And to be honest SB281 DOESN'T ADD ANY SPECIFIC FIREARM. They carried over the SAME list from 94 and just put ban instead of regulated.

What they DID add was a "feature list".

If they really cared they would have used a few people in the staff to search firearm websites and ban each and every specific firearm. Instead they just put ban on the former regulated list and also added a feature list which they thought would cover many firearms.

I mean you really think you hold some special knowledge over a firearm that if they wanted to ban they wouldn't walk into a gun store and just look around. Or maybe go to one of the many website that has every tacticool rifle listed and just ban them all?

It's feel good legislation at it's finest with no real effort at banning EVERYTHING or they clearly could have.

No I think that the press may get a hold of it and make an issue of it.

It may be that the pols will sit on feel Good.... What do you think press pressure will do? You think that maybe they will act it the press calls them out using posts from this site..

Never mind we are all stupid. We know nothing...

spacer75

Amateur Rocket Scientist
    Jul 29, 2011
    Not a firearm for all occasions, but I think we'll try this for my wife's new home defense firearm.

Compact, lightweight, low recoil, 50 round max capacity... Seems like a good choice.

Too bad 5.7x28 is priced like they're made out of gold these days. :sad20:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    No I think that the press may get a hold of it and make an issue of it.

It may be that the pols will sit on feel Good.... What do you think press pressure will do? You think that maybe they will act it the press calls them out using posts from this site..

Never mind we are all stupid. We know nothing...

You guys act like you hold the secrete knowledge of a SCAR or ACR or .308 AR's and that as long as we don't put it on the internet on one website the legislative branch will never know about them.

Opspec man opspec.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You guys act like you hold the secrete knowledge of a SCAR or ACR or .308 AR's and that as long as we don't put it on the internet on one website the legislative branch will never know about them.

Opspec man opspec.

They are not 308 ARs if they were they would be regulated and soon banned..

No one cares because mom and pop don't know. That's why they leave it be. Let some media guy do a story on " MD shooter loopholes list". And you will Force the legislature to act just to save face..

I will not care by then. I will be long gone and you will have done it to yourselves...

You can show everybody how smart you are and force them to act or you can actually be smart. Want to know what guns you can buy go to a gun shop and ask. Or you can search. You do not need to shout from the roof tops.

Sometimes I am sure this all a waste of time. Be advised I have options. I am not tied to MD. This is all to help MD I am well covered.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Oh okay Sr. You are right.....god forbid we put it on this site as opposed to a media member walking into a Gunshop in a few months and seeing all those "legal" EBR type rifles.

No one cares...the last list was never updated and we saw a ton of new guns introduced. The current list DID NOT ADD a single firearm by name....just carried over.

So what leads one to believe they are going to add to the list other then a "features" list which is far more effective.

Opspec man opspec.

Fact is the "list" wasn't changed for 20 years....you have no "facts" on your side and pure speculation that if we post on MDshooters the world will end.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Oh okay Sr. You are right.....god forbid we put it on this site as opposed to a media member walking into a Gunshop in a few months and seeing all those "legal" EBR type rifles.

No one cares...the last list was never updated and we saw a ton of new guns introduced. The current list DID NOT ADD a single firearm by name....just carried over.

So what leads one to believe they are going to add to the list other then a "features" list which is far more effective.

Opspec man opspec.

Fact is the "list" wasn't changed for 20 years....you have no "facts" on your side and pure speculation that if we post on MDshooters the world will end.

No,no,no they are all going to be hidden in the back rooms . Remember we all talked about this and came up with the secret handshake to get to see them .

Oh shit now they know about this ............hurry delete the thread before someone reads it :sad20:

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Sounds like an I have mine, so I'm OK, screw you if you were under 21 on October 1 mentality. If you think they don't have their list already, your kidding yourself. It would be better to help those who are not able run out and buy a bunch of stripped lowers now with ideas for what they can purchase after October 1.

It is just a dream to shoot. Not a firearm for all occasions, but I think we'll try this for my wife's new home defense firearm.

OM

Hey genius. If it is available after 1 Oct then i think u wil be able to figure it out yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom