• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    :bs: I've gotta call BS on the story. How could there have been a report of a "gunman" in what was so obviously a gun-free zone. Sheesh...

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    There are several colleges in Maryland with unarmed "police".

I'm somewhat surprised there are still colleges in MD. After all aren’t the educated the bourgeois that the proletariat are trying to overthrow?
    Sorry, I'm just beginnning to hate the DPRM more each day.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I saw jobs like that offered in my days. I would never, ever work a job like that. The idiots who want to put people in that situation do not have their own hide to lose in the fight. They can "police" their own campus with their conflict resolution brochures.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I worked at PG CC in the late 80's. I recall seeing some officers turn in revolvers at the end of shift...to the guy who ran physical plant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    When I was at UDel 00-04, the police had empty holsters on their belts, with handguns in lockboxes in the patrol cars. If they were summoned to a call that the officer felt might require the gun, they would have to request dispatch give them the current code to open the box. So much for knowing the zero on your gun or how it shoots, since it was assigned to the car, not the officer...

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    :bs: I've gotta call BS on the story. How could there have been a report of a "gunman" in what was so obviously a gun-free zone. Sheesh...

That whole "gun free zone" is totally bogus. They won't give out any free guns! :(

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    When I was at UDel 00-04, the police had empty holsters on their belts, with handguns in lockboxes in the patrol cars. If they were summoned to a call that the officer felt might require the gun, they would have to request dispatch give them the current code to open the box. So much for knowing the zero on your gun or how it shoots, since it was assigned to the car, not the officer...

that is horrible, how can they know what situations they 'feel' require a gun? Their job requires them to enter unknown situations all the time, how is it fair to leave an officer unprepared to deal with what they might find? who writes this crap

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    That's the fantasy world a lot of these education administrators and legislators live in. I was the police department's liaison with a major county school system for four years in the early 2000's. The infantile disconnect these liberal elitists have with reality is frightening.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    There are a lot of college "police" out there that aren't "real" police depts.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom