Unfinished kits - is destruction an alternative?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malf

Jan 25, 2013
    SOMD
    If you currently have a handful of 80% kits that were bought many years ago and you know they cant be finished before March 2023 can you just destroy the kits? I dont see anything that specifically details destruction as an alternative to not possess eventually banned items. I am thinking melting and maybe selling the aluminum to a metal recycler or shredding a polymer kit? Thanks.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    If you currently have a handful of 80% kits that were bought many years ago and you know they cant be finished before March 2023 can you just destroy the kits? I dont see anything that specifically details destruction as an alternative to not possess eventually banned items. I am thinking melting and maybe selling the aluminum to a metal recycler or shredding a polymer kit? Thanks.
    If you are going to destroy them to make them go away get a receipt from the scrap metal guy:-)

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I would tell you to just hide them somewhere & forget about them for awhile, but that is agin the rules here.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Makes no sense at all to destroy unless you're virtue-signalling

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****I'm not destroying shit. I can serialize them or just build them.

Timmy.jpg

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Yes, the red thing is a plug/tester. I would actually use two. And mount a screw cap/adapter at one end. That end also gets an "inside plug/tester" so that the contents can be accessed without cutting the pipe.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Might be a little suspicious of the OP, of course we all follow the law, and would never realize that the only way the MSP could prove an 80% was manufactured after the cutoff date was an incriminating manufacture date, time stamped photo or video of milling. Could also get them serialized now and mill them "before" the cutoff date. Of course it would be horrible to build it after the law and leave the MSP stuck with no way to prove an unlawful manufacturing date especially when you have a receipt from years ago when the kit was purchased lawfully. Personally every 80% I buy is milled in a completely lawful way and stored for later use, every receiver is first built as a pistol, despite some later being temporarily converted to a rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom