• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Republican House, this is going to expire. Let freedom ring.

Also, bullets are metal as are firing pins. This whole, “Er meh Gawd! Plaztic Gunz will let the terrorizt winz!” comments are retarded. Terrorists gave up on getting on planes a long time ago. They use bombs, gun free zones, and large crowds to their advantage now.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    As i dug the confirmation email from Duffy's out of my spam folder, i found an email from Blabby Gabby Gifford on this very topic.....

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Also, bullets are metal as are firing pins. This whole, “Er meh Gawd! Plaztic Gunz will let the terrorizt winz!” comments are retarded. Terrorists gave up on getting on planes a long time ago. They use bombs, gun free zones, and large crowds to their advantage now.

The fireing chanber the barrel.. anything that is needed to make it go bang.. blue guns will be outlawed... .:)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Clarification:
    $1500 for a 3D polymer printer + $500K material = a lot of guns
    $500K for a metal printer = 1 gun

Apples, avocados. And misses the big picture. Polymer printing technology is well-developed and just now hitting commodity status. Metal printing technology I'm referencing is one-off proof of concept. And it works. Think economy of scale down the road and endless uses beyond firearms. You could print your own parts for machinery, tools, motors/engines, braces/brackets, boxes/cases/enclosures, etc. The possibilities and business opportunities are endless. I use polymer printers in my profession. While useful for prototypes and fragile test fitting, absolutely nothing beats metal, with (expensive) injection-molded thermoplastics coming in second.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Apples, avocados. And misses the big picture. Polymer printing technology is well-developed and just now hitting commodity status. Metal printing technology I'm referencing is one-off proof of concept. And it works. Think economy of scale down the road and endless uses beyond firearms. You could print your own parts for machinery, tools, motors/engines, braces/brackets, boxes/cases/enclosures, etc. The possibilities and business opportunities are endless. I use polymer printers in my profession. While useful for prototypes and fragile test fitting, absolutely nothing beats metal, with (expensive) injection-molded thermoplastics coming in second.

I could see 3d metal printing replacing die-cast stuff and some MIM stuff but anything that will see stress will need to be forged

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

A gun grabbing Republican President signed it into law initially! Ronald Reagan was not a friend to gun owners, eventhough he banned the fringes of the 2A (Hughes amendment also).

Don't put too much faith in a single party, they will let you down.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I'm wondering out loud (NOT making a suggestion) that this may be an opportunity to do some horse-trading with the antis. Federal legislation has always gone one way-against us. Is there a chance to turn this?

While I don't think there was anything that a majority of us were willing to accept in exchange for extending the UNACCEPTABLE AWB as it was getting ready to expire, is there something we may be willing to take in trade for extending the undetectible firearms act? Universal concealed carry, for example? I'm sure most will say NO, though I just wanted to start a lively discussion.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'm wondering out loud (NOT making a suggestion) that this may be an opportunity to do some horse-trading with the antis. Federal legislation has always gone one way-against us. Is there a chance to turn this?

While I don't think there was anything that a majority of us were willing to accept in exchange for extending the UNACCEPTABLE AWB as it was getting ready to expire, is there something we may be willing to take in trade for extending the undetectible firearms act? Universal concealed carry, for example? I'm sure most will say NO, though I just wanted to start a lively discussion.

Nullification of the Hughes Amendment?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Short answer no. They have nothing to trade. After the court rules we will have ss or is and then we can talk. If we do not have is or ss the discussion moves to constitutional convention.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT GUNS. ITS ABOUT LIMITED GOVERNMENT.

Lively enough for ya? :)

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Short answer no. They have nothing to trade. After the court rules we will have ss or is and then we can talk. If we do not have is or ss the discussion moves to constitutional convention.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT GUNS. ITS ABOUT LIMITED GOVERNMENT.

Lively enough for ya? :)

Two posts?! Not even warmed up yet!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I got one of those undetectable invisible guns years ago.

Unfortunately after I brought it home, I laid it down somewhere and I haven't been able to find it again.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It appears Congress only has next week (M-Th) to renew the "Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988" before the Dec 9 deadline, where plastic handguns would become legal once again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom