• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Just got an email from NAGR on this, looks like they are submitting a re-up of this with (presumably) new expansions and amendments in a pre-Thanksgiving rush.

Whilst keeping guns off of planes is a pretty universally accepted idea, this bill seems to have grown WAY past its original intent.

Not sure what to do at this point but figured I'd put it out here anyway. Here is the email I got:

I've got some very disturbing news from Capitol Hill.

The gun-grabbers in the U.S. Senate have some Turkey-Day Trickery up their sleeves.

Last Thursday, Senator Chuck Schumer was caught trying to sneak through a sweeping new ban on firearms manufacturing in America.

In Washington lingo, Schumer was caught trying to "hot-list" an anti-gun bill so it would pass while almost no one was watching, and with as little scrutiny as possible.

Turkey Day Tricks

Now, I know it's been a long year of defending your gun rights from constant assault, but you and I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving.

After all, back in April, most of Barack Obama's anti-gun legislative agenda went up in flames thanks to your pressure.

But Chuck Schumer, Harry Reid, and the rest of the Senate's gun-grabbers are not grateful one bit.

They're mad.

And they've been waiting for an opportunity just like this to strike back at your right to keep-and-bear arms.

While you're busy with family, Chuck Schumer is plotting to push this anti-gun scheme through.

You see, his bill would extend a 1988 law banning so-called "undetectable" firearms, a ban that has been virtually useless since it was passed and will expire December 9th.

To make matters worse, he's hell-bent on using this event as an excuse to pass even more gun control.

With the advent of new technologies, like 3D-printing, Senator Schumer and the anti-gun left are preparing to use this occasion to clamp down on future firearms innovation...

... and current lawful firearms manufacturing.

That's because Schumer's bill would also ban technology and molds used by many firearms manufacturers to make widely used metal guns!

If successful, Schumer's bill would also impose a sweeping new ban on firearms receivers, and even outlaw manufacturing magazines without a license.

Turkey Day Tricks

A sweeping ban on firearms manufacturing, a ban on new innovation in the firearms industry, and a back-door magazine and receiver ban?

That's a dream-come-true for President Barack Obama & billionaire-playboy New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Worse, embattled anti-gun Attorney General Eric Holder would be in charge of broadly enforcing this new anti-gun law.

I know tomorrow is Thanksgiving and folks may be leaving work early to pick up last-minute stuffing or gravy from the store.

But the anti-gun politicians never take a day off!

With the end of session and the crucial December 9th deadline approaching, Washington insiders are warning me that gun-grabbers will try to pull this trick again very soon.

So there's not a moment to lose.

Please take a moment to contact your U.S. Senators.

*** Sen. Benjamin Cardin can be reached at (202) 224-4524.

*** Sen. Barbara Mikulski can be reached at (202) 224-4654.

Insist they oppose any and all legislation that would extend or expand any gun bans or restrictions.

If Schumer is to be successful, his bill would also have to make its way through the House Judiciary Committee.

So, when you're done calling your Senators, please call House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte too.

*** Congressman Bob Goodlatte can be reached at 202-225-5431.

Urge him to oppose Senator Schumer's gun-grabbing Turkey-Day Trick and encourage him not to support any gun ban extension or expansion.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Tick Tock

Without a senate vote today or tomorrow, the plastic gun genie will be out of the bottle. Cody Wilson will have a field day :)

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I'm wondering out loud (NOT making a suggestion) that this may be an opportunity to do some horse-trading with the antis. Federal legislation has always gone one way-against us. Is there a chance to turn this?

While I don't think there was anything that a majority of us were willing to accept in exchange for extending the UNACCEPTABLE AWB as it was getting ready to expire, is there something we may be willing to take in trade for extending the undetectible firearms act? Universal concealed carry, for example? I'm sure most will say NO, though I just wanted to start a lively discussion.

I'll ask the same question from November 21st all over again. Yes, it looks like it is going to pass, so, do we get something in trade this time, or are we still stuck on a one way street. Heck, the House wasn't even a speed bump on this. We may have missed the change to get something out of this.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Are there any guns which are non-detectable? Reason I ask is I have a friend that works for Homeland security and he insists a training class they went to had 30 non-detectable firearms and the instructor went through the metal detector and never set if off.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Are there any guns which are non-detectable? Reason I ask is I have a friend that works for Homeland security and he insists a training class they went to had 30 non-detectable firearms and the instructor went through the metal detector and never set if off.

under the old law, it would have been illegal for TSA to possess real undetectable guns.

They might have had nondetectable dummy guns, made out of plastic.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Tick Tock

Without a senate vote today or tomorrow, the plastic gun genie will be out of the bottle. Cody Wilson will have a field day :)

It'll be interesting to see how the Senate handles this. The House sent them a clean bill.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    We can thank Hollywood for scaring the beejeebus out of the Democrats and gun grabbing Reagan with the movie "In the Line of Fire".

Attachments

• in the line of fire.jpg
      in the line of fire.jpg
      11.8 KB · Views: 125

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    My point being that I thought such guns are only Hollywood nonsense? He was claimg glock style but I don't know of any firearm that has zero metal parts.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    We can thank Hollywood for scaring the beejeebus out of the Democrats and gun grabbing Reagan with the movie "In the Line of Fire".

They see the gun they do not see the steps the character went to get the metal parts needed into the restricted area.

Mr.1911

Aug 8, 2012
    Yea I don't think 500k is in my price range, I'll have to wait until those printers are more consumer friendly price wise... Might be a long wait.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Time to re-up, or not. March 8th 2024, set to expire.

Pitiful list of Sports Collaborators

Time to stock up on InvisiBullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom