• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I was very sad and angry at the same time today at work. I was down at the main weapons distribution center (where all the guns come in and get distributed, or sent for repair) and saw a polish underfolder AK sitting on a cart with a repair tag. I inquired, and was told that it was a recent purchase. It was very used, by the look of the dry wood, but appeared to be in otherwise good condition. Here is the kicker, it was full-auto.....and they only paid $250 for it.

Are you ready for your eyes and ears to bleed...............the service to be performed on it was converting it for blank-fire to be used in force-on-force training. As if that weren't enough, because it is a non-transferable weapon (not even to another federal agency) when we are done with it, it gets destroyed.

I love my paycheck, but damn I hate the government. (Well, its mostly jealousy)

Last edited:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I really didn't want to wake up and read something like this. You've ruined my whole saturday lol. I gues I've to start drinking early today.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I'm going to drown my sorrows in a pile of brass, well...as much of a pile as I can stand to make of 7.92x57 and 7.62x54.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    If this country were like any third world nation, and AK-47s were available on any street corner, I think the conditions would be more like what the anti-gunner liberals dream about. Sure, it would be nice to have a FA AK47, but we have laws in place to prevent what happened in Chicago in the roaring 20's. If you really want FA, in most states you can still own one; its just expensive.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    If this country were like any third world nation, and AK-47s were available on any street corner, I think the conditions would be more like what the anti-gunner liberals dream about. Sure, it would be nice to have a FA AK47, but we have laws in place to prevent what happened in Chicago in the roaring 20's. If you really want FA, in most states you can still own one; its just expensive.

Funny name for a person who holds such views.

Your theory is that the only thing keeping our modern society from becoming the over-dramatized, mob-war ridden, thompson rattling, bloody street having Chicago of the 1920s is the fact that full-auto guns are expensive?

You're doing the same thing bed-wetting antis do, blaming the gun. Criminals don't stay home and say "oh well, I'd go out and commit crime, but my gun only shoots one round per trigger press".

If you want to debate whether the FFA '38 and "The Hughes Amendment" of FOPA '86 was a good thing for America, good luck, but please don't try to turn this thread into that.

Last edited:

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    Damn Damn Damn it just makes you shake your head and ask what did this gun ever do to you it O.K. I will take it home and give it a good place to live you guys do not know what you have here. So sorry you have to come across things like that.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Sad thing is they probably cost half that in Afghanistan....

Illegal arms Trade, Somalia- Mogadishu ( Copied from reuters)
    Here is a price list for some popular weapons:

Mortars

120 mm - $700 ($55 per mortar bomb)

82 mm - $300 ($25 per bomb)

60 mm - $200 ($18 per bomb)

Anti-aircraft guns (truck mounted)

23 mm - $20,000 ($2.50 per round)

37 mm version also available, but there is currently no ammunition in stock. Other, smaller variants are available for between $4,000 and $5,000, with their rounds quoted at $1 each.

Anti-tank weapons cost $5,000, while a rocket-propelled grenade launcher is quoted at $200, plus $150 per grenade.

Pistols

A new pistol from Yemen is $650, a second-hand one from Russia is $400 and a new American pistol is $700.

A new Belgian pistol is $500 and a new Russian one is $1,000. Rounds cost between $1.50 and $3 each.

Rifles

An Indian-made AK-47 costs $140.
    Better quality versions from North Korea cost $600
    and the Russian original costs $400.

Hand-grenades go for $25 each, landmines $100.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Illegal arms Trade, Somalia- Mogadishu ( Copied from reuters)
    Here is a price list for some popular weapons:

Mortars

120 mm - $700 ($55 per mortar bomb)

82 mm - $300 ($25 per bomb)

60 mm - $200 ($18 per bomb)

Anti-aircraft guns (truck mounted)

23 mm - $20,000 ($2.50 per round)

37 mm version also available, but there is currently no ammunition in stock. Other, smaller variants are available for between $4,000 and $5,000, with their rounds quoted at $1 each.

Anti-tank weapons cost $5,000, while a rocket-propelled grenade launcher is quoted at $200, plus $150 per grenade.

Pistols

A new pistol from Yemen is $650, a second-hand one from Russia is $400 and a new American pistol is $700.

A new Belgian pistol is $500 and a new Russian one is $1,000. Rounds cost between $1.50 and $3 each.

Rifles

An Indian-made AK-47 costs $140.
    Better quality versions from North Korea cost $600
    and the Russian original costs $400.

Hand-grenades go for $25 each, landmines $100.

Group buy!

CKOD

Jan 30, 2009
    Funny name for a person who holds such views.

Your theory is that the only thing keeping our modern society from becoming the over-dramatized, mob-war ridden, thompson rattling, bloody street having Chicago of the 1920s is the fact that full-auto guns are expensive?

You're doing the same thing bed-wetting antis do, blaming the gun. Criminals don't stay home and say "oh well, I'd go out and commit crime, but my gun only shoots one round per trigger press".

If you want to debate whether the FFA '38 and "The Hughes Amendment" of FOPA '86 was a good thing for America, good luck, but please don't try to turn this thread into that.

+1 government regulation against the majority of the public will is what created the market for alcohol during prohibition, which created the crime families.

I'm for them allowing the manufacture of new transferable machine guns, or even getting rid of NFA regulation all together, and putting the money from the NFA branch into NICS, which I dont oppose. If they can keep NICS accurate and keep firearms out of hands of prohibited person with just a 5 minute phone call I'm fine with that. Its not like it'd be opening up buying one to anyone new, if you can pass an accurate NICS check you can buy a MG/suppressor/SBR, but the $200 tax and waiting 6 months makes people feel safe.

They can keep the fines and penalties for using a MG or SBR in a crime the same as NFA violations now. Use a MG in a crime (with a victim...) 10 years, $100000 penalty, and no plea barganing away the gun charges like DAs seem so fond of doing now.

Why wouldn't it be transferable (Form 10) to any other gov. agency?

As far as Uncle Sugar's concerned, everybody's in the family... How else do you explain the loaner M-16A1's (sans auto sear with S/A selectors) currently riding around in the trunks of various Metropolitan Police Department cruisers?

I've never heard of a postie that couldn't be Form 10'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom