• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It would be a shame if they skipped over him meeting Billy Graham and how religion saved him from destroying himself.

Not a big AJ fan but having seen a special interview with the author and AJ it became obvious that the movie addressed his WWII experience and would have taken hours to follow his later life and finding God. It was all covered in the interview and I think if time would have allowed it would have been included. Not trying to make excuses but it seems to make sense. Still want to see it.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Saw it tonight, well worth the 13 bucks matinee price for 2. :thumbsup: FANTASTIC story of survival and strong spirit, short on faith outside of the downed pilot. Maybe only 30 minutes of Lliberator footage, wished there was more. I flew libs over Europe.... from my fathers nutsack of course but the broken bomb bay doors made me think it was HIS story for a second. Note first page in newspaper clipping it got into the broken bomb bay doors........... maybe they were a trouble spot? http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=65573&highlight=greatest+generation

Some critics say the movie was "boring". Maybe.... how exciting can watching some guy getting the shit beat out of him at every turn knowing he couldn't hit back? NOTHING in the movie about Lt. Zamperini forgiving "The Bird" except in script AFTER the movie.

Not a war epic nor anything overly factual about the aircraft but more survival due to grit and determination.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. My Great Uncle who is still with us (barely) was a Navigator on Liberators over Europe.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    The book "Unbroken" is a first rate account of a rather remarkable individuals life.... a real page turner.

I look forward to seeing the movie.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    I recently found out the author is local. My wife's co worker is good friends with her and lives next door

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I heard somewhere that she has chronic fatigue syndrome or something like that, and has to do all of her research by mail, phone and intarwebs because she doesn't have the energy to be schlepping around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom