• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I'm thinking a SBR'd PS90 would be ideal. 50 round mags, and it's pretty tiny. It's on my wish list for sure.

As for range, do you know how small a person is at 600 yards? I seriously doubt most gun owners would even spot someone at 400 yards, much less be able to deliver accurate fire on a moving target at that distance. I have a marksman ribbon, and I think 300 yard shots are difficult. Hell, a running target at 150 yards would be hard. Let's not kid ourselves with long range shooting talk, it's very difficult, and most of us don't have the required skills.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    I'm thinking a SBR'd PS90 would be ideal. 50 round mags, and it's pretty tiny. It's on my wish list for sure.
    That's a gun I really want to love, but can't. It's the right size & weight (especially SBR'd).

It's the ammo that is it's undoing.

Harder to find than 6.8 SPC, and few manufacturers. Most of the civilian ammo available doesn't even meet minium FBI specs for penetration against bare gel, let alone other materials. Elite makes a TSX based round for it that comes pretty close to the 12" minium.

I have a marksman ribbon, and I think 300 yard shots are difficult. Hell, a running target at 150 yards would be hard..
    Practice more. ;) Making a shot on a moving target at 400y just requires knowing your rifle's drop/wind and practice (ok good glass helps)

The biggest improvement anyone can make to their 'SHTF' firearm is to improve their skills. Proffessional training is the cheapest and quickest way to ramp up your skills & abilities while teaching you drills you can do on your own to keep the skills at or near the levels you will acheive during class.

Last edited:

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    The second would be a suppressed 9mm.
    Besides being suppressed, this one shares ammo with my sidearms, and magazines with an Uzi in my future.

web.jpg

Can I have this? :)

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    A FAL with a folding AR tele stock? Gotta love it! Can you still use the irons with that setup?

No, not without removing the optics. I'm working on fixing that issue. Problem is that the optics ride high- I need to get a cheek raiser as it is- I don't think I want them any higher than they already are.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    No, not without removing the optics. I'm working on fixing that issue. Problem is that the optics ride high-

Sorry I should have worded it better. I meant can you use the irons if the optics are not attached. Otherwise the battery compartment of that EOTech looks like it would block the sight line.

I was wondering if your mount had enough drop to allow your cheekweld to use the iron sights if the optics were not present? Thanks!

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Mini 14

Mini-14 581 series Stainless Ranch with Mo-Rod barrel Strut, Choate flash suppressor and a Nikon Bushmaster 3X9 scope. I thought about adding the fancy stuff like a different stock, light, grips, bi-pod and so on.Then I thought that in a SHTF scenario would I really use all that stuff and would it get in the way so I tried to keep things as simple as possible and only add on what was really necessary since this also doubles as a "hunting" rifle. I could probably do away with the scope but with the way my eyes have been lately it gets tough using the irons.

I love the Mini 14! Mine is below (i did add all the crazy stuff).

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpg
      IMG_1259.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 169

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    Sorry I should have worded it better. I meant can you use the irons if the optics are not attached. Otherwise the battery compartment of that EOTech looks like it would block the sight line.

I was wondering if your mount had enough drop to allow your cheekweld to use the iron sights if the optics were not present? Thanks!

Oh, yeah, totally. If you remove the iron sights the mount falls well below the front and rear sights- you can get a perfect sight picture, no problem.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Robinson XCR with folding stock & EOTech XPS 3.0. One rifle...multiple calibers. Caliber switches take <1 minute. Change bolt & barrel. 5.56; 6.8 SPC; 7.62 x 39 [.22 LR coming soon] It is piston driven (like the AK) & has a heavy-duty, three-lug bolt. Made in the USA. www.robarm.com

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Robinson XCR with folding stock & EOTech XPS 3.0. One rifle...multiple calibers. Caliber switches take <1 minute. Change bolt & barrel. 5.56; 6.8 SPC; 7.62 x 39 [.22 LR coming soon] It is piston driven (like the AK) & has a heavy-duty, three-lug bolt. Made in the USA. www.robarm.com

wow, through response man...would almost seem like, i dont know...an advertisement...meh, couldnt be...............................:rolleyes:

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    @Nemesis...I don't work for Robinson Arms, nor do I get any money from them. I love this gun & many people don't know about it. Thorough, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom