• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Our freedom loving neighbors to the west / south better get active, or they could be in for a world of hurt...

Democrats Hope To Take Va. Senate

RICHMOND, Va. -- Democrats in Virginia are hoping to take control of the Senate next year.

They said they are looking to Northern Virginia to make it happen.

Democrats need to win just four seats that are currently held by Republicans to control the 40-member Senate.

Party leaders are concentrating on three critical races -- two in western Fairfax County and another in Vienna.

It would be the first time Democrats would have control of the Senate in 12 years.

Source: http://www.nbc4.com/news/14296380/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I've been warning of this for the last 5 years. I go over to the VA HTF at arfcom once and a while and those guys blast me for saying as much.

I mean, all of those new housing developments in the Shenandoah Valley are people from NJ, NY, CT , MA escaping high taxation. Naturally they are going to upset the traditional concervative balance.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If they are gun rights friendly like Webb and Warner (the democrat Warner), then I would like the change.
    However, the Republican senator leaving office had a D rating from the NRA. So maybe this is good for RKBA.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    According to Philip Van Cleave of VCDl, it was a Democratic state legislature that passed Virginia's shall-issue law in the mid-1990's. We will have to see if the Democrats getting elected will be like Rick Boucher (Staunton(?) area US House rep), or more like Mary Margeret Whipple (Arlington state sen).

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    If they are gun rights friendly like Webb and Warner (the democrat Warner), then I would like the change.
    However, the Republican senator leaving office had a D rating from the NRA. So maybe this is good for RKBA.

Webb is a weasel.

That stunt where he didn't take responsibility for his own firearm at the Capitol earlier in the year is inexcusable.

He allowed his aide to be carted off because he was afraid of the impact on his career......and it was ALL squashed by the Demo-RAT machine.

After the gun stunt above....If you think you can count on Webb to support the 2A when the his keepers (Pelosi/Reid) are hammering on him....you better think again....

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Webb is a weasel.

That stunt where he didn't take responsibility for his own firearm at the Capitol earlier in the year is inexcusable.

He allowed his aide to be carted off because he was afraid of the impact on his career......and it was ALL squashed by the Demo-RAT machine.

After the gun stunt above....If you think you can count on Webb to support the 2A when the his keepers (Pelosi/Reid) are hammering on him....you better think again....

He is still better than the Republican Warner. WHich would you rahter have as a senator as far as the RKBA goes? Webb, or John Warner? Warner already sold out a long time ago, and whatever you say about Webb, it is unlikely true he will turn his back on what he said as far as the 2nd. Remember, he has to be re-elected by Virginians, not by Pelosi.

Ignore that he is a democrat for a moment, what are your unbiased feelings in this? You cannot really want another John Warner.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    He is still better than the Republican Warner. WHich would you rahter have as a senator as far as the RKBA goes? Webb, or John Warner? Warner already sold out a long time ago, and whatever you say about Webb, it is unlikely true he will turn his back on what he said as far as the 2nd. Remember, he has to be re-elected by Virginians, not by Pelosi.

First: This has NOTHING to do with Warner.
    Second: What is your statement about Webb turning his back on 2A based upon? Do you have some secret connection to his brain? Politico's flip flop on issues all the time and Webb isn't exactly an upstanding person after letting his Aide go to jail for him.

Novus, your statement alone tells me that you don't know how the "Game" is played on the hill.....Pelosi, Reid and their keepers control Committee Assignments.....these assignments are the power they hold over Reps.....If Webb wants to be on such and such committee then he needs to play the game...no game...no assignment to key positions....no key positions then he can't do squat for the people of Va except for his vote on the floor.....He will be re-elected or punted based on his ability to bring Bills to the Floor.....no committee assignments=no power and no chance of re-election.....and we ALL know that the only thing Politicians care about is getting re-elected...

Ignore that he is a democrat for a moment, what are your unbiased feelings in this? You cannot really want another John Warner.

Novus, it has absolutely nothing to do with Warner and everything to do with Webb's actions.

Webb is a WEASEL....he was presented an opportunity to swim or sink and he chose to SINK....what better test is there than a person faced with a situation where one risks personal/professional loss like the Handgun Issue at the Capitol.....if he failed there....then he will gladly compromise on out RKBA.

I'm tired of choosing the lesser of two evils when it comes to electing these critters and until more people come to the same conclusion and stop voting for the lesser of the evils and start voting 3rd party/inde when they cannot find a good option this BS is going to continue.

Several times in our nations past there have been major upheavals in our Political Parties and I wouldn't be surprised if we see another one in the next few decades.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Novus is in the right here- what Webb said in public is a matter of picking your fights.

Rule number one of dealing with the police (especially DC and Capital hill police) is that you admit nothing without your lawyer, regardless of how right you are. Webb's behavior is more of an indictment of the legal system of DC than it is of his conviction to the RKBA. He was (we all assume) carrying a concealed weapon. That speaks VOLUMES about his support of RKBA. As to what happened after the cameras left, I don't believe his aide was jailed was he? Speak softly et al....

Gun owners have to stop acting as step stools for the Republican Party. We need to support 2nd amendment Dems as much as we support 2nd amendment Republicans. Because the NRA acts like a mindless tool of the republicans kept me from joining the NRA until this year. With anti gun dems and anti gun republicans taking center stage next year I felt it was time to show my support of the 2nd amendment financially.

FWIW, Politically, I'm a Teddy Roosevelt progressive, and I'm seeing more of them in the democratic party than in the republican party, but I vote on the balance of issues that I support, not blindly for any one party. As far as a third party goes, the system is rigged so they cannot get on the ballot. The only way to change things is through the primaries (study both the religious right and dKos "crashing the gates").

As long as we blindly insult those who can be our ally's we are needlessly shooting ourselves in the foot.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Dave

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Novus is in the right here- what Webb said in public is a matter of picking your fights.

Rule number one of dealing with the police (especially DC and Capital hill police) is that you admit nothing without your lawyer, regardless of how right you are. Webb's behavior is more of an indictment of the legal system of DC than it is of his conviction to the RKBA. He was (we all assume) carrying a concealed weapon. That speaks VOLUMES about his support of RKBA. As to what happened after the cameras left, I don't believe his aide was jailed was he? Speak softly et al....

Gun owners have to stop acting as step stools for the Republican Party. We need to support 2nd amendment Dems as much as we support 2nd amendment Republicans. Because the NRA acts like a mindless tool of the republicans kept me from joining the NRA until this year. With anti gun dems and anti gun republicans taking center stage next year I felt it was time to show my support of the 2nd amendment financially.

FWIW, Politically, I'm a Teddy Roosevelt progressive, and I'm seeing more of them in the democratic party than in the republican party, but I vote on the balance of issues that I support, not blindly for any one party. As far as a third party goes, the system is rigged so they cannot get on the ballot. The only way to change things is through the primaries (study both the religious right and dKos "crashing the gates").

As long as we blindly insult those who can be our ally's we are needlessly shooting ourselves in the foot.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Dave

Dave, I'm sorry but the facts say otherwise.

Webb's aide was left in jail for at least one day (his birthday no less) and rather than doing the right thing and speaking up Webb shut down.

Rather than doing the right thing and saying "It was an honest mistake and its my gun" he chose the low road.

It also tells me that Webb is a VERY careless gun owner. There's NO EXCUSE for not knowing where your weapon(s) are at all times....particularly one thats loaded.

Had something similar happened to one of us "Little People" then we would have been lambasted and the charges would NOT have been dropped....you would be in jail. Period.

Sorry, but this is coming down to a struggle for the American way of life....for the past 40 years we have "Compromised" our Rights away to the DemoRAT Entitlement Machine and more recently to the NeoCons post 9/11 (Real ID/Patriot Act etc) I can no longer support Politicians that stand for one issue while giving away the farm by giving away our rights, increasing spending etc.

The Dems have had more than 40 years to improve things and look where its taken us.....you don't have to look any further than Bloodymore to realize how well their Entitlement Machine is working.

Enough is enough...the Dems have to go....they've had too many chances and they are beholden to the Political Party first and cater to their contituents only to get re-elected....the Career Politician has to go...its time for Term Limits at ALL levels to prevent the stagnation of our Political System.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    What could Webb have done? He wasn't the one caught with the gun. Capitol Police don't care if it's your brother-in-law's gun in YOUR bag. YOU have "a gun," YOU get arrested & jailed until the bail hearing. Like that other guy said, the best thing for Webb to do for his aide was shut up and let the lawyers do the talking. Careless? Yes - but the issue here is what to do when the aide gets arrested.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    What could Webb have done? He wasn't the one caught with the gun. Capitol Police don't care if it's your brother-in-law's gun in YOUR bag. YOU have "a gun," YOU get arrested & jailed until the bail hearing. Like that other guy said, the best thing for Webb to do for his aide was shut up and let the lawyers do the talking. Careless? Yes - but the issue here is what to do when the aide gets arrested.

I see a different side of this than you.

I see a lack of integrity in Webb and a total lack of attention to gun safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom