Two Quick questions about the "Law" in Maryland.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    1) If I purchased a stripped lower and a handgun at the end of May and picked up toward the end of June, when can I technically pick up my other stripped lower that I just ordered. Is it 30 days or 60 days since I had to regulated items at my last purchase? I am not a designated collector.

2) Will HBAR's be illegal after October 1st since they are technically cash and carry and are not regulated right now?

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    It is my understanding that it is a 60 day wait after a double regulated purchase with no designated collector. Also my understanding is Hbars are fine after Oct. 1

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    It is my understanding that it is a 60 day wait after a double regulated purchase with no designated collector. Also my understanding is Hbars are fine after Oct. 1

Good to hear! I guess that means my lower will collect dust for another month or so even though the dealer I used is doing 8th day release lol.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    OP, I'm curious if your FFL released early the spikes/MP40 and you are not a DC ?

It wasn't an early release. It was an unexplained very quick not disapproved. The dealer said I was literally the only one to come back that quick. As far as I know the pickup date is when your 30 day wait starts, only if it was as easy as waiting 30 days from the date the paperwork was originally submitted. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though!

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I'd recommend you get your DC, especially if you're planning on anything else. You'll get it back before the 60 days and the DC makes that wait irrelevant. It's easy, the cost is minimal (stamp + notary fee from wherever you get the notary) and it allows you to bypass the stupid 30 day wait.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Getting your DC basically gives law enforcement consent to search your home and inspect your firearms at any time for any reason though correct?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Getting your DC basically gives law enforcement consent to search your home and inspect your firearms at any time for any reason though correct?

Oh No!!! Lol

Nobody even Leo can come to your home without your consent or warrant.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis

No, not a Maryland DC. As I understand it, the federal "Firearms and Curio" collector designation does

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    C&R doesn't even give them the right to come in and inspect. They have the right to inspect you Bound Book, and it is preferable to have them do that at a location other than where your firearms are stored.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'd recommend you get your DC, especially if you're planning on anything else. You'll get it back before the 60 days and the DC makes that wait irrelevant. It's easy, the cost is minimal (stamp + notary fee from wherever you get the notary) and it allows you to bypass the stupid 30 day wait.

At this point, the DC is almost at the moot point. The wait is 60 days on the DC application turnaround, even though by COMAR regulation it is supposed to be 7 days.

Anybody that does not send in a Designated Collector application in the next week or two, might as well not send it in. Or at least not hold their breath that they are going to get it before October 1, 2013. Of course, MSP has said it is going to hire more people on July 1, 2013 to address the paperwork backlog, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either.

End of the day, the DC status is still good for transporting a collection to show to people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom