• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    So someone with the ilusive md permit is exempt from the gun free zones in md public schools?.. Whhhhaaaaatttttt

http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/gun_free_school_zones.txt

I should also point out that it was a GOP House that passed this nugget after the original GFSZA was struck down by SCOTUS........if you think the GOP is on your side you're not firing on the prerequisite 2 brain cells that form a synapse yet.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It has been discussed ad nauseum. The consensus is that having a reciprocal permit is not sufficient. You must have a permit from the state the school is in.

Ruling attached.

Attachments

• batf_school_zone_ruling.pdf
      635.9 KB · Views: 80

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/gun_free_school_zones.txt

I should also point out that it was a GOP House that passed this nugget after the original GFSZA was struck down by SCOTUS........if you think the GOP is on your side you're not firing on the prerequisite 2 brain cells that form a synapse yet.

Not to mention that the GOP establishment's hero Reagan signed the blatantly unconstitutional National Minimum Drinking Age Act and Hughes Amendment.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    national reciprocity will eventally pass, if not now then after the 2014 elections. It only needs three more in the senate. Based on Nate Silvers odds there are 59 1/2 votes for reciprocity in 2015, vs 57 in april of this year. won't help Marylander's too much until we are shall issue. If anti gunners were smart theyd let federal law force the final 8 states to shall issue as well. They'd bargain it for some win on background checks, rather than risk a SCOTUS showdown. This year may be their last chance, there is a better than even chance of a Red Senate in 2015. Time is not on their side, but they seem very good at willful blindness and denial.

The bill writes about states that "issues permits" it does not define how as in "shall issue" or "may issue". In other words, you got a permit from another state you are in..

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    The bill writes about states that "issues permits" it does not define how as in "shall issue" or "may issue". In other words, you got a permit from another state you are in..

I was wondering that. MD technically does issue permits despite that in reality they don’t. If I read this in human speak (Not lawyer speak) I see that MD would be forced to accept all CCWs from other states even if they make their permit basically impossible to get.

If that is the case, we all should just get another states permit and be done with this whole issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom