• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Unless the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act, doesn't specify a permit from your state of residence, we're screwed.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Why are they wasting time with the National Reciprocity Bill again? Unless it's attached to something else (must pass that Obongo can't veto), it'll never go anywhere.

tangent

Feb 28, 2013

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    national reciprocity will eventally pass, if not now then after the 2014 elections. It only needs three more in the senate. Based on Nate Silvers odds there are 59 1/2 votes for reciprocity in 2015, vs 57 in april of this year. won't help Marylander's too much until we are shall issue. If anti gunners were smart theyd let federal law force the final 8 states to shall issue as well. They'd bargain it for some win on background checks, rather than risk a SCOTUS showdown. This year may be their last chance, there is a better than even chance of a Red Senate in 2015. Time is not on their side, but they seem very good at willful blindness and denial.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Three Federal Bills That Would Repeal Anti-Gun Laws
    http://www.ammoland.com/2013/08/three-federal-bills-that-would-repeal-anti-gun-laws/#axzz2bQHdtiVW

Repealing the Gun Free School Zone Act
    H.R. 35 by Rep. Steve Stockman (TX-36) and H.R. 133 by Rep. Thomas Massie (KY-04)

Veterans Second Amendment Protection
    H.R. 602 by Rep. Jeff Miller (Fl-1) and H.R. 577 by Rep. Steve Stockman (TX-36)

Repealing the Sporting Purposes Distinction
    H.R. 2277 by Rep. Doug Collins (GA-9)

-t

Anything that rolls back federal infringements is a good thing.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Unfortunately when Ron Paul introduced a similiar repeal of the GFSZ in 2011, it didn't even get out of committee or get another co-sponsor. This is with a GOP House.
    Most likely the courts will deal with it before Congress does.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Unfortunately when Ron Paul introduced a similiar repeal of the GFSZ in 2011, it didn't even get out of committee or get another co-sponsor. This is with a GOP House.
    Most likely the courts will deal with it before Congress does.

GOP leadership is trying to shove amnasty down our throats.....what makes you think they are or ever were on our side?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    GOP leadership is trying to shove amnasty down our throats.....what makes you think they are or ever were on our side?

You only have 2 options right now in Congress: Dems and GOP. Under which party do you think it's MORE likely to pass? I'm thinking of reality, not what I wish would happen.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Gun free zones have been confusing to me. Doesn't it say somewhere in the act that if you have a permit issued by a LE agency you are exempt? Since permits are issues by the MSP doesn't that mean someone with a permit can carry on school property? But then I also remember the state saying they don't even want LEO to carry on school property!

It's is amazing how silly this all is. It's almost like the kids aren't worthy of the intelligence it would take to protect them. I still think if a group of parents started on the school system and didn't stop until things got changed........but that's crazy talk.

TD

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Gun free zones have been confusing to me. Doesn't it say somewhere in the act that if you have a permit issued by a LE agency you are exempt? Since permits are issues by the MSP doesn't that mean someone with a permit can carry on school property? But then I also remember the state saying they don't even want LEO to carry on school property!

It's is amazing how silly this all is. It's almost like the kids aren't worthy of the intelligence it would take to protect them. I still think if a group of parents started on the school system and didn't stop until things got changed........but that's crazy talk.

TD

The permit has to be issued from the state in which you reside and is only effective against free school zones in that state. I don't believe it allows you to carry on campus, but I may be wrong about that.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

TD

It means you're exempt from Federal charges, not from any possible state charges. What's unclear is how the Feds would treat a reciprocal permit at a school where carry is allowed under state law. Perhaps one of these school districts that is allowing it has an out of state teacher w/a reciprocal permit. Would be a great test case.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miles71

TD
    The permit has to be issued from the state in which you reside and is only effective against free school zones in that state. I don't believe it allows you to carry on campus, but I may be wrong about that.

So someone with the ilusive md permit is exempt from the gun free zones in md public schools?.. Whhhhaaaaatttttt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom