• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I would closely look at anyone who held or now holds a hunting permit on this or adjoining properties. Shooting someones dog is personal, doing it in this manner points toward a hunter. When this gets cleared, it will turn out to be someone the farm owners know or have done business with.While the dorf has its share of knuckleheads with guns, this doesn't look like some yoots taking potshots with their HiPoints.

Yep.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Seriously? THEY WERE FOCKING LABS!

Pure Bred Labs by the looks.

We're not talking Chessies which can think they're amphibious Rottweilers sometimes.

Hey, watch it there. I had a Chessie/lab mix that was the world's sweetest. Stubborn, but sweet. At worst, she might have inadvertently beaten you with her tail if you uttered the word, "biscuit."

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I would closely look at anyone who held or now holds a hunting permit on this or adjoining properties. Shooting someones dog is personal, doing it in this manner points toward a hunter. When this gets cleared, it will turn out to be someone the farm owners know or have done business with.

While the dorf has its share of knuckleheads with guns, this doesn't look like some yoots taking potshots with their HiPoints.

or worse than that, a hunter who was not given permission to hunt the farm.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It could be a personal beef, but don't overlook the fact that there are plenty of plain-old, everyday, run-of-the-mill psychopaths out there who just like to kill for fun. There have been a few incidents in Frederick county over the past few years, of someone shooting dogs and horses apparently just for sick thrills.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I would closely look at anyone who held or now holds a hunting permit on this or adjoining properties. Shooting someones dog is personal, doing it in this manner points toward a hunter. When this gets cleared, it will turn out to be someone the farm owners know or have done business with.

While the dorf has its share of knuckleheads with guns, this doesn't look like some yoots taking potshots with their HiPoints.

I would second this.

A plausible scenario: someone shot the dogs chasing deer.

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    what is with you?

read your post above mine. Im doing the same thing you are. Its likely personal and not some random psychopath

I agree with this and one of the statements below. Somebody either had a problem with those dogs, or the owner of those dogs.

Remi

Mar 17, 2015
    what is with you?

read your post above mine. Im doing the same thing you are. Its likely personal and not some random psychopath
    What is it with you?
    You say that it's likely personal. Fine. The issue isn't you believing that it's personal, random, or anything else.
    You keep blaming the dogs. It could have been a person's way of getting back at the owners for something.
    Yet you keep insisting that maybe these dogs were out running through other people's property causing trouble. Even if that were true how is that the dogs fault? Why would that make it any more reasonable to shoot them on their own property instead of taking it up with the owners? You cannot logic away the murder of animals on their own land.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What is it with you?
    You say that it's likely personal. Fine. The issue isn't you believing that it's personal, random, or anything else.
    You keep blaming the dogs. It could have been a person's way of getting back at the owners for something.
    Yet you keep insisting that maybe these dogs were out running through other people's property causing trouble. Even if that were true how is that the dogs fault? Why would that make it any more reasonable to shoot them on their own property instead of taking it up with the owners? You cannot logic away the murder of animals on their own land.

Maryland law allows someone to kill nuisance animals, that threaten you or your animals, if they had gotten off the owner's property.

I am not saying that is the case here, but it helps understand the argument being discussed.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Maryland law allows someone to kill nuisance animals, that threaten you or your animals, if they had gotten off the owner's property.

I am not saying that is the case here, but it helps understand the argument being discussed.

If they were problem dogs, the neighbors would have complained and the owner would know exactly where to look for the suspect. Those dogs were killed on the owners farm, there os no explanation that could turn this into a justified defense shooting.

Oh, and the law was tightened up 5 years ago. Very limited circumstances that allow you to kill a nuisance animal. Just chasing deer wont do it.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is so messed up! Why would someone do this? Both dogs were shot between the neck and left shoulder area. The POS that did this knew exactly what he was doing. The dogs were shot on the owners property. I hope someone can help.

What in the heck is going on in the world?????? This happened in WALDORFThis is absolutely heartbreaking! Such an heinous act!!!$1500.00 reward for information that leads to the CONVICTION of the person responsible for the shooting and killing of both dogs, Benelli and Bear.Contact Cindy at (240) 216-4065 or the police department.https://www.facebook.com/zekiahfarmsllc

Beautiful dogs. As you said, heartbreaking for the owners.

While fresh in the mind, what's a good rescue shelter that you all donate to?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Hey, watch it there. I had a Chessie/lab mix that was the world's sweetest. Stubborn, but sweet. At worst, she might have inadvertently beaten you with her tail if you uttered the word, "biscuit."

I said sometimes.....I knew a few Chessies that were very protective of their master and immediate family. They would bite a stranger if necessary. One that went through a screen door, charged into two very large, stray PB mixes and drove them off to protect his boy.

Now, I known some labs that will chase chickens and ducks but that is their basic instinct and the owners' responsibility to prevent.

These two poor pups were murdered in cold blood.

Probably by some asshat playing sniper considering the shot placement.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    There was a serial killer in Ohio, I think, who was driving around back roads shooting people. Took a LONG time to finally catch him, too.

This sick dog killer might escalate.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    There was a serial killer in Ohio, I think, who was driving around back roads shooting people. Took a LONG time to finally catch him, too.

This sick dog killer might escalate.

Dont remember where it was, but they had a horse slayer. Went around with a lance and killed horses to get his rocks off. Like a pyromaniac.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    QUOTE=fidelity;3895824]Beautiful dogs. As you said, heartbreaking for the owners.

While fresh in the mind, what's a good rescue shelter that you all donate to?[/QUOTE]

Animal Shelter
    6707 Animal Shelter Rd, Hughesville, MD 20637
    (301) 932-1713

This is the one down here. I would recommend donating to a shelter in your area. I have a close friend that volunteers for tricounty and sometimes if she post a good dog, I post it in the adopt a dog thread here on MDS. Thanks for asking!:thumbsup:

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    The owners walk all their dogs along the edge of Zekiah Swamp that borders there property every evening. The dogs being labs headed for the water to play and usually will catch up with the owners before they reach their house. This time the two dogs didn't come back.

I can't see someone sitting in the woods in the summer with mosquitoes and ticks waiting, hoping that any of the dogs might come by so he could shoot them.

I think the person that did this was probably hunting illegally and the dogs might have scared what ever he was hunting away or the dogs might have seen the guy and ran over to him. I think he shot one dog and the other dog ran. The guy might have called the dog, the dog stopped and turned around facing the guy and he shot him.

Whoever did this may visit this site and if he does and reads this post. Be a man and own up to what you did and turn yourself in. Killing two dogs like this is a senseless act do the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom