• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It's just lucky for these two that lawyers are so inexpensive.

I'm sure they must have made thousands of dollars from magazine sales, plenty enough to cover their legal fees.

:rolleyes:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    What these guys allegedly did is clearly illegal in MD and STOOPID to do in the first place.

But mis-information pushed out by the media furthers the propaganda stream. :mad54:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/01/16/md-men-caught-trying-to-sell-illegal-gun-clips/

"High-powered rifles like the AR-15 are popular among gun owners, but in the state of Maryland, it’s illegal to sell or own magazines for the rifles with the capacity of storing more than 20 rounds of ammunition."

40watt

Free Thinking American
    Jan 12, 2013
    Halethorpe Area
    Yeah, I don't believe it was a wise choice trying to be slick and do what they did in one of the worst states for gun control & at a high profile gun show during the time of such high tension.....Bad choice.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    "High capacity magazine reduce gun violence"

WRONG - Criminals just RELOAD!

I hate articles like that.

Those tools are going to get what they deserve for doing something as stupid as that.

I just wish the media would stop calling them "clips" and acting like reducing the capacity of magazine would actually prevent crime, let alone the current administrations proposals and answers to these mentally ill people that will use whatever is available to them, regardless of the laws in place, to commit acts of violence.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    My feelings on it.... A couple of dumb guys broke a dumb law out in the open. I feel about this like I'd feel if somone went against bloomberg in NY and sold gallon jugs of slushie on a street corner. I don't have sympathy for the people selling them, cause they're big boys and knew the risks. It does help renew the fight in my belly to push to get the magazine ban overturned though. Our govt overlords have been offended that we mere peasants wish to have magazines over 20 rounds and have brought their wrath down on the offending parties. F the mag cap law.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's crap like this, that the government look harder at changing our laws. We know it's gonna happen, but don't give them more ammo to use.

The government are the ones responsible for the law existing in the first place. They banned 20 rnd mags and wanted to make the ban harsher. Isn't it infuriating that they would wish to make the law they came up with harsher because their subjects just won't obey it?

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Unfortunaey though, this is one of the states where it is NOT legal. They get arrested because they broke the law.

These are the kind of gun guys that make all of us law abiding gun owners have to fight just NOT TO LOSE more rights. You think the gun grabbers dont use these kind of stories to further their argument about gun owners circumventing laws and gun shows being the place to do it.

I agree the mag law is dumb. But it is the law. Fight to have the law changed, you can't just disobey and not expect punishment.

This:thumbsup:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Can we wait till the facts come out till we burn these guys in effigee? Innocent till blah blah blah?

The facts are that at the last Timonium show prior to this one they had 30 round mags out on their table for sale. Both my son and I saw them. I don't agree with Maryland law but it is the law none the less.

Of course, I also can think of a 100 better uses of BCPD resources.

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    If the mag is pinned from the manufacturer to only hold 20rds to limit capacity I would think it was ok. I only say that because it was modified by the manufacturer and not by the person selling the magazine. Where this guy screwed himself is when he told the undercover officer he could find what he was looking for and showed him how to defeat the limiting device. A common sence response to someone asking for a 30rd magazine would have been I don't sell 30rd mags I can only sell 20rd mags. At that point he shows the customer the magazine then explains that it was modified to only hold 20rds.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    John is originally from So. MD.
    He used to own/run "Magnum Guns & Ammo" in Waldorf, until he 'reportedly' had a run-in with BATF(E) and closed his shop.

I've seen the other guy working gun shows with John, at several venues.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

John Wayne was absolutely correct - "You can't fix stupid."

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Yeah, I get it, they broke the law.

Is anybody going to sleep easier tonight knowing that the Baltimore County police cracked the case??

I didn't think so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom