• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Crabby, don't forget about Charles May. I think his lead time is less than Gene's.

Robby, the filework on top of the blade is what really sets them apart. Such a small detail, but a world of difference in the handling.

Pauly3J

Oct 16, 2009
    I've done alot of damage with a steak knife...I like the look, very clean. If they hold an edge and have nice balance that's what counts in my mind.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I carry a $60 Benchmade folder in my pocket every day. Is it super $$? No. But it's nicer then what you can buy at a Walmart.

I just don't like the styling of the knives you posted. The silver rivets in the black handles just scream Steak Knife imo. I prefer something either with a more classical styling (like the traditional Buck folders) or something more blacked out and "tactical" with a blacked out blade and rubberized handle. Just personal preference.

Yeah, those Benchmades are great knives.

I guess if you want a tacticool-looking knife to take pictures of next to guns, Benchmade's a great inexpensive-ish way to go.

If you need something you can stake your life on.....well, that's up to you. The evidence is above. His is not the only video on youtube on the subject.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    nah, i've just seen minuteman's posts in other threads (to the point where the OP had had enough of his crap and deleted all his pics/posts) lambasting anyone for spending more than 40-50 bucks on a knife.

if he doesn't wanna spend much that's fine, but to hang someone else out to dry just because they can and do, that's just uncalled for. my disclaimer was in the spirit of fire with fire and all that nonsense. ;)

i'm happy to let someone use one (or at least fondle it for a while) so they can see just how much they're worth the price. (lots of people rag on that with which they have no experience, which may well be the case here) granted i'm limiting myself to no more than 300 for a single knife, but that's my own choice and i won't go yelling at someone cause they spent $2k on something. it's that person's money, they're free to spend it as they wish. :)

i'm serious about the invite though; anyone who wants to finger-fark it is welcome to. i'm near bodymore.

so what you're saying is next time I shoot a deer, you'll let me try out your knives cutting them up :D.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Yeah, those Benchmades are great knives.

I guess if you want a tacticool-looking knife to take pictures of next to guns, Benchmade's a great inexpensive-ish way to go.

If you need something you can stake your life on.....well, that's up to you. The evidence is above. His is not the only video on youtube on the subject.

I challenge you to find any picture of any of my guns posed in a vignette with ammo scattered about and a knife laying in front of it.

As for that video, I use my knives to cut, I don't use my knives as hatchets, nor do I use their tips as pry bars or screw drivers. I don't have a problem knowing my knife can't chop branches off of a tree.

And staking my life on my knife? Maybe in a few years when I move out west, but there is no where on the east coast I'm going to be stuck somewhere and be depending on my knife alone to survive and not be within an hour or two's hike of civilization.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Oh and I just wanted to repeat for you, since you decided to go on the assault against me.

I have no issues with your knives or what they cost, I only said I don't like the steak knife styling. Hell, if I had the spare cash lying around, I'd buy one. Not the ones you got, but I'm sure he's got some other grip panels that I would like.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Sorry brennan, I forgot it's okay for you to insult others but you don't have skin thick enough to have it returned. Perhaps you ought to stick to taking pictures on playgrounds and leave the grown-up discussions to the grown-ups.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Sorry brennan, I forgot it's okay for you to insult others but you don't have skin thick enough to have it returned. Perhaps you ought to stick to taking pictures on playgrounds and leave the grown-up discussions to the grown-ups.

Haha, get over yourself. I have no problem with you telling me whatever you want. You, however, need to stop projecting. I'm not the one who got butthurt 6 ways to Sunday about someone saying they didn't like the styling of a knife...

And for the fact of that matter, I'm correct.

I don't care if you spent $10,000 on your knife and it can cut through diamonds after spending 15 years at the bottom of the Atlantic. It LOOKS like a steak knife. I'm not commenting on quality. I'm not commenting on value. I'm commenting on style.

Your knives (BTW, your picture - very nice vignette, I like the placement of the antler on the camo, you made sure to get a little bit of each color and texture, it shows thought and effort :rolleyes:)
    Ingrams.jpg

Steak knives
    15-Piece-Lagos-Knife-Block-Set-80293.jpg

steak-knives-set.jpg

steak-knives-set-23.jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm confused why we're arguing over knives of all things.......

Some people like some kinds of knives, some like others.

I like Scotch, my wife likes vodka.

We don't fight over it.

:shrug:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033