• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    I was doing a transfer this morning at the Md State Police barracks off Kelso Dr and watched an eldely couple drop off a Browning A5,Rem. 700 and a S&W custom 44mag for nothing.The Sargent was just about sick as I was. While all this was going on local news was on spot to interview them, guess who they didn't interview.

RedViperinMD

Mar 20, 2011
    MoCo
    I was doing a transfer this morning at the Md State Police barracks off Kelso Dr and watched an eldely couple drop off a Browning A5,Rem. 700 and a S&W custom 44mag for nothing.The Sargent was just about sick as I was. While all this was going on local news was on spot to interview them, guess who they didn't interview.

Shouldn't you have offered to buy them (legally, of course)?

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM

And local news just happened to be there and saw an opportunity to interview grandma and grandpa? :bs:

Another example of bias in the media instead of getting all sides of the story and interviewing the appalled Trouper AND the two people who happened to be there transferring a firearm LEGALLY and just reporting the facts. :bs: :bs:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Wow. Stupid beyond boundaries. Had I been there and were the guns in decent or better shape, I would have offered hundreds on the spot just as a starter, maybe up to $1K if nice.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    "Our liberty cannot be guarded but by the freedom of the press, nor that be limited without danger of losing it." --Thomas Jefferson to John Jay, 1786.

The genius of many of our forefathers continues to amaze me. We are loosing liberty in part because a great portion of the press are no longer free, having shackled themselves by shedding objectivity!

pilgrim

Giving away firearms is a sign of mental illness. Those firearms needed to be protected from the smelter.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'm sure they found their way home with a trooper. What a nice employee benefit!

That is a completely false allegation and shows a complete disregard for ethics. The Trooper is bound by law to insure that those items be submitted. To do any less would cost him his job. How much is your job worth to you? :sad20:

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    That is a completely false allegation and shows a complete disregard for ethics. The Trooper is bound by law to insure that those items be submitted. To do any less would cost him his job. How much is your job worth to you? :sad20:

RD when the trooper turns them in , is there still a good chance that someone above him can keep them?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    RD when the trooper turns them in , is there still a good chance that someone above him can keep them?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. That would violate federal law and result in dismissal and legal problems you would not believe. Any firearm turned in COULD be a sting operation by Internal Affairs and the Trooper is NOT going to risk his career for the sake of a turn in gun.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Look, these people are safer now that they no longer have a means of defending themselves. Had someone broken in and they tried to defend themselves, they might have been killed... or worse. :sarcasm: Now they can plead for mercy just like the other serfs and hope that any would be attackers grant them continued mortal existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom