• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    is it worth buying? walmart has a load of it for $4.59/20rnd. im not looking for 200+yd accuracy, just something to shoot at the range. i know this topic/debate could go on foreever, im just use to shooting remington and Hornady. FTE is all i really have to worry about with polymer coated steel right?

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    I haven't had a problem with it it's just dirty. One thing is though alot of indoor ranges won't let you shoot it since its steel

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Like you said, this could go on forever. There are plenty of people that love it, plenty that won't let it touch their rifles. In the end, I'd say, buy a box, shoot it, and see what you think. Note: There does seem to be a consensus that you don't mix brass and steel on the same day and that a thorough cleaning is needed if you plan on changing from steel to brass.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    can't shoot it at Freestate or any other range that prohibits mild steel jacketed/bimetal jacketed ammo. Otherwise, I've a few thousand through an AR without issue

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For just cheap range plinking ammo, it's gtg - standard disclaimer included - don't switch between brass case/steel case unless you clean the chamber first.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    I use it! It is dirty as you'll find out after just a 100 rounds or so. I run a bore snake through before I even leave the range and thoroughly clean my rifle soon as I get home as it's corrosive. The price point is awesome for plinking.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I run this shit in my Glocks, Kimber 1911 and Ar15 on occasion. Feeds flawlessly. If you are having a tight week money wise, shoot with confidence.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Silver Bear runs a bit cleaner, also cheap, but haven't seen it in wally world or the likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom