• mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    "ZH, I have a heavy package at the house for you?"
    ~Mom

ooooooh how I can't wait to see what 1000 rounds for my AR looks like :D

Only 1,000 rounds, lightweight.

If they boxes are designed the right way, the case can be rather small.

500 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO and 200 rounds of 7.62x39 weighed ONLY 35 pounds. The UPS guy did give me a nasty look when he dropped that package off.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a huge giant awesome pile of doom but it'll still be fun! And if you're wondering, 3300 rounds of .22lr fit nicely into a .30 cal ammo can :)

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    AIM Surplus has Wolf 55gr FMJ for $3.99/box if you buy 50 boxes. 50 boxes equals a 1,000 round case. $199.50 + S/H.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I am willing to bet that Cabela's and others will have $5 shipping again over the forth of july unless you need ammo before then.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Filthy Filthy ammo. Had an issue a few weeks back in my P220, loading steel-cased Wolf into the mags - couldn't get more than 5 in. It fed and fired just fine otherwise. I read this on a Sig blog:

"Dear Sir

I have never heard of having trouble loading the Wolf rounds into the mag however we do recommend that you do not use Wolf ammo at all through our firearms. The steel casing will do damage to your firearm and drastically reduce the life span of the weapon.

Regards"

Anyone else shooting Wolf or Tula in a Sig .45??

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I made the mistake of buying a box of blazer, never again for a pistol.

The steel casings do cause more wear and tear on your extractors. Stick with brass casings.

Blazer is aluminum cased. How does aluminum beat steel up?

Again, Wolf and the other "steel" cased ammo doesn't have tool steel used for the casings. Can you bend your extractor with your fingers? Can you deform a steel casing with your fingers?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Steel is a harder metal that brass.

The cases would seperate, causing jams. The base would eject, leaving a portion of the case resembling a cigar band in the chamber. Luckily I had some tools to pick the cigar bands from the chamber, otherwise I would have had a bad range day.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    WOW. Hasn't happened to me...yet, shooting Blazer aluminum casing in a Glock and a Sig .45. I just ordered a Oprah sized butt load (backordered of course) of it, so I guess we'll see.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Steel is a harder metal that brass.

The cases would seperate, causing jams. The base would eject, leaving a portion of the case resembling a cigar band in the chamber. Luckily I had some tools to pick the cigar bands from the chamber, otherwise I would have had a bad range day.

The steel they use is not harder than brass......

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Well, Blazer is crap any way you look at it.

CCI/Speer makes the Blazer line. There is brass cased Blazer and aluminum cased Blazer. No steel Blazer.

If you are having casings fail like that, did you contact the ammo maker? Most want to hear about cases failing in the chamber.

angler

Mar 30, 2010
    Burned through a bunch of it today at AGC (holy crap it got hot out there!) and ZERO issues. Lower kick than either the PMC or Black Hills I shot side by side. Undetectable accuracy difference at 50 yards. The GF shot the AR for the first time and is hooked. She was scary accurate with that thing.......

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I saw a customer comment on the Cheaperthandirt.com website about a FTE problem they had with the Tula .223 ammo. You may want to go there and read some of the customer reviews. The customer mentioned they had a few FTE problems with the Tula ammo they believed was caused when their barrel got hot. I've been pretty happy with the Brown Bear .223 both 55 and 62 grain. I fed at least 1500 rounds of it through my Bushmaster without any problems. The last price I saw for it was $4.49 per box of 20 (plus shipping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom