• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    The Supreme Court just said its legal for Police to TAKE your DNA upon arrest! And everyone stated, "To let the COURTS decide our gun rights/2nd amendment fate!". I feel we may have made a GRAVE error in my humble opinion!! How well did that work out for the CCW fight!?

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    The Supreme Court just said its legal for Police to TAKE your DNA upon arrest! And everyone stated, "To let the COURTS decide our gun rights/2nd amendment fate!". I feel we may have made a GRAVE error in my humble opinion!! How well did that work out for the CCW fight!?

The CCW fight hasn't hit the supreme court yet. And comparing the CCW fight (a civil right) to taking DNA of criminals might not be the best route. (Although I'm not sure what happened to innocent until proven guilty)

So what would you have us do? Instead put the fate of the 2nd amendment in the hands of the voters? That's always worked out so well for us :sarcasm:.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    The more rights they take from the the more "laws" I'll break. I am not going to have my rights taken from me. Words on a piece of paper will not stop me from owning whichever gun I want and I'll install any accessory I choose on said guns regardless of what MD or the "Government" tell me is appropriate. Last I checked our government can't even figure out how to manage money properly and I expect them to know whats best for me and my family? No thanks.

/Rant

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    The CCW fight hasn't hit the supreme court yet. And comparing the CCW fight (a civil right) to taking DNA of criminals might not be the best route. (Although I'm not sure what happened to innocent until proven guilty)

So what would you have us do? Instead put the fate of the 2nd amendment in the hands of the voters? That's always worked out so well for us :sarcasm:.

Arrested not convicted!!:sad20:

Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    The more rights they take from the the more "laws" I'll break. I am not going to have my rights taken from me. Words on a piece of paper will not stop me from owning whichever gun I want and I'll install any accessory I choose on said guns regardless of what MD or the "Government" tell me is appropriate. Last I checked our government can't even figure out how to manage money properly and I expect them to know whats best for me and my family? No thanks.

/Rant

Amen.

With regards to the DNA ruling I think it is quite invasive. What happened to needing warrants??

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    How is this any different than a Blood Test, Urine Sample, Mug Shot, or Taking Fingerprints after an ARREST?

Ill have to read up on this.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011

The courts are not the final say, the PEOPLE are. They are bought off just like the politicians. The game is rigged.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I don't see this as a big deal. If the police want your DNA, they can get it pretty easily anyway. All they need is a cup or a napkin or even a cigarette butt you've discarded. Once you throw it away, they can take it.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    How is this any different than a Blood Test, Urine Sample, Mug Shot, or Taking Fingerprints after an ARREST?

Ill have to read up on this.

A warrant to take DNA has to be issued.

We've been on the slippery slope for many years already. Finger prints, mug shot, fine. Once you start poking and prodding and taking biometrics by force that weren't left at the "scene" of a crime, where does the invasion of privacy end?

I supposed inserting tracking devices under the skin would not be considered invasive enough to some.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I don't see this as a big deal. If the police want your DNA, they can get it pretty easily anyway. All they need is a cup or a napkin or even a cigarette butt you've discarded. Once you throw it away, they can take it.

If not by consent, let them get a warrant. It IS a big deal. If you don't think so, then give your consent. If not, then it's 4th amendment my friend.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

We've been on the slippery slope for many years already. Finger prints, mug shot, fine. Once you start poking and prodding and taking biometrics by force that weren't left at the "scene" of a crime, where does the invasion of privacy end?

I supposed inserting tracking devices under the skin would not be considered invasive enough to some.

You must not understand the ruling. I still can't take blood that requires a warrant and here in DC getting blood for any case is like asking for your first born. There is another case that already set this in stone (I forget the case). I can however now swab for DNA apparently, which I could get from you 10000 other ways just as easy, trust me.

A DNA warrant is so easy to get!!!!!

You think this ruling is invasive? Try being SUSPECTED (in caps for a reason) in PA for DUI. They don't need a warrant they just take you to the hospital and take your blood regardless of how you feel.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012

Nope, it's just that after working in the courts (Circuit and District) for over 10 years, I can tell you that this is a case of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent", instead of the other way around! Plus, your DNA will FOREVER be kept on file!

Well let them get it that way! This IS a violation regardless!

EXACTLY!

You must not understand the ruling. I still can't take blood that requires a warrant and here in DC getting blood for any case is like asking for your first born. There is another case that already set this in stone (I forget the case). I can however now swab for DNA apparently, which I could get from you 10000 other ways just as easy, trust me.

A DNA warrant is so easy to get!!!!!

You think this ruling is invasive? Try being SUSPECTED (in caps for a reason) in PA for DUI. They don't need a warrant they just take you to the hospital and take your blood regardless of how you feel.

Yea!? But who's going to get a warrant to get your DNA for a simple public intoxication, or disorderly conduct (Which we ALL know it at the Police's discretion to arrest you for just disagreeing with them!)?! This allows them to get you DNA for ANY REASON!!!

The defendants I have had that were convicted of a felony were ordered to provide DNA by the judge. It was not taken upon arrest

Which is how it's ALWAYS BEEN, until O'Malley and Annapolis changed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yea!? But who's going to get a warrant to get your DNA for a simple public intoxication, or disorderly conduct (Which we ALL know it at the Police's discretion to arrest you for just disagreeing with them!)?! This allows them to get you DNA for ANY REASON!!!

I can get your DNA for any reason anyway. The things you throw away are up for grabs, all this ruling is really doing is helping to expand the database easier.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

No it doesn't.

Have you even read MD laws regarding DNA collection of arrestee's?

I know you haven't.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    No it doesn't.

Have you even read MD laws regarding DNA collection of arrestee's?

I know you haven't.

You'll see my friend, you'll see! With this ruling, WHATEVER law that's on the books, WILL be changed to the current ruling! You must've forgotten where we live.

Sean415

Unrepentant HKholic
    May 28, 2013
    If this is true and accurate that's crazy! I would not let anyone take my DNA without just cause

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Take your tin foil elsewhere.

Lets discuss facts and not what if's all the time.

Facts schmacks if they can probe me whenever and wherever now, someone get me a pound of cocaine and some illegally obtained weapons.

As I unbutton my pants.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom