Not open for further replies.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    What is the nuclear option?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Change procedural rules so that only a simple majority be required to approve nominees. Right now, 60 votes are needed -- which means having to get some Democrats to cross over.

Dangerous game for the future. If Republicans lose seats in 2018, it could bite back hard.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Breaking News! Surprise Revelations of Gorsuch's Secret Crimes Against Humanity!

"No one realized until yesterday that this guy is almost as depraved as Bork!," said an unnamed Senate source.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Change procedural rules so that only a simple majority be required to approve nominees. Right now, 60 votes are needed -- which means having to get some Democrats to cross over.

Dangerous game for the future. If Republicans lose seats in 2018, it could bite back hard.

The Dems would not hesitate for a second to use it at this point; it's no-holds-barred. Things have only gotten coarser and crasser over time. Before long, we might even see Dems stoop to boycotting cabinet confirmation hearings, if you can imagine such a thing. Nahh... :sarcasm:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Opinions on Gorsuch? I read that his 2A opinion is unknown.

Cant find much either. No case history, but it Looks looks like to hunt and fish.

Edit: I don't see much in his background controversial or to be considered extreme by liberals for sure maybe that's a good thing. He'll get grilled for being pro life, but that's not extreme enough to go nuclear IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fer 'splanin. They would do it to us. They won't even confirm Trump's cabinet picks. We confirmed Obamas before he was inaugurated just out of tradition and respect for the office.

The gloves are off

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads