• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Ilya Somin is an asshat Nevertrumper who thinks Clinton will magically appoint justices favorable to libertarian causes, or otherwise prevent permanent constitutional damage in case law. He also wrote a book on political ignorance, of which he is a great example.

Normally I agree with the libertarian leanings of Volokh Conspiracy blog, but in this case I think Somin's judgement is clouded by too many eggs in his head.

So, take his opinions on Trump with copious salt.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't have high expectations for Trump's appreciation for an Originalist view of the 2A, nor of any other part of the Constitution for that matter. But I think he will appoint much better SCOTUS justices than Hillary would.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ilya Somin is an asshat Nevertrumper who thinks Clinton will magically appoint justices favorable to libertarian causes, or otherwise prevent permanent constitutional damage in case law. He also wrote a book on political ignorance, of which he is a great example.

Normally I agree with the libertarian leanings of Volokh Conspiracy blog, but in this case I think Somin's judgement is clouded by too many eggs in his head.

So, take his opinions on Trump with copious salt.

I don't have high expectations for Trump's appreciation for an Originalist view of the 2A, nor of any other part of the Constitution for that matter. But I think he will appoint much better SCOTUS justices than Hillary would.

Brilliant. Well said too.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    If something isn't done to stop the invasion of this country, 2A will be the least of our concern. Love him or hate him, he IS the only person in the mainstream that even utters this is a problem much less runs his campaign on it.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    What really bothers me is if these people are TOO DANGEROUS to fly, what the hell are they doing roaming the streets of America? Shouldn't they either be in jail or deported?

I think Trump is on our side.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Our 2A rights will be severely diminished.

Regardless of who wins.

Horse trading.

I just hope we don't lose much ground in the Senate. Any conservative Senator thinking of running for President in the future better help provide a firewall when it comes to 2A rights. This includes Cruz, Sasse, and Flake. I presume Sessions, a Trump supporter, would also draw the line if Trump seeks to weaken 2A protections. I have less confidence in Rubio. Although it's hard to say whether Rand Paul will run in the future for President, he's the one that I'm most certain to hold the line, but he will need help.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    What really bothers me is if these people are TOO DANGEROUS to fly, what the hell are they doing roaming the streets of America? Shouldn't they either be in jail or deported?

I think Trump is on our side.

Very good video... Great interview with D. Trump. Jr. :thumbsup:

Jul 23, 2013
    Simply an anti Trump hit piece... Designed to cause doubt and division in the 2A community. Nothing more... Nothing less. :sad20:
    This right here, typical of the left wing media. Any seed of doubt is good. It's not only about converting voters to their side but also about making some of Trumps support indifferent to the election or siphoning some off to other candidates. Either way Hildabeast and the cause win.

The American people are behind Trump and are finally being heard and that scares the heck out of Washington and their surrogates.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I believe his son will keep him straight on the Second Amendment. It's the rest of the Constitution I'm not so sure he has an understanding of. Either way, he is our only choice if we want to retain a semblance of freedom.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Simply an anti Trump hit piece... Designed to cause doubt and division in the 2A community. Nothing more... Nothing less. :sad20:

Or is it an opinion piece done to bring up a really good point about a Presidential Candidate? Is it a hit piece, sure I guess. But it is what it is and as long as Trump continues to support the position he does on the No Fly List and guns it makes the point all the more valid.

I don't think you can pick and chose what parts of the constitution you want to follow. It doesn't work that way.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEHPrYUcoi0#t=51m50s

I think if you listen to it again he makes it clear that people who shouldn't be on the list would have a way to get off of it.

Which is the very best way to begin to dismantle these lists. Once they become public, and a semblance of due process is introduced, the reason behind and usefullness of these lists cease to be.

I actually believe the NRA is going outside the 2A box on this issue and looking to stick up for a few more amendments in a chess not checkers way on this issue.

And Trump JR is a ringer for us. He's really someone you want to hit the range with.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Which is the very best way to begin to dismantle these lists. Once they become public, and a semblance of due process is introduced, the reason behind and usefullness of these lists cease to be.

I actually believe the NRA is going outside the 2A box on this issue and looking to stick up for a few more amendments in a chess not checkers way on this issue.

And Trump JR is a ringer for us. He's really someone you want to hit the range with.

Or his wife. As he said, she even carries around their house.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

THAT sir was a gotcha question prompted by Hillary to Holt with a follow-up biased article by WaPo to drive it home just in case the great unwashed needed some help.

Trump/Pence Position Paper
    Constitution and Second Amendment

Second Amendment
    o Defend the Second Amendment of our Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.

o Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners
    o Military bases and recruiting centers - to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
    o National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
    o Background checks - we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
    o Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Or is it an opinion piece done to bring up a really good point about a Presidential Candidate? Is it a hit piece, sure I guess. But it is what it is and as long as Trump continues to support the position he does on the No Fly List and guns it makes the point all the more valid.

I don't think you can pick and chose what parts of the constitution you want to follow. It doesn't work that way.

Hildabeast doesn't make that mistake she ignores the whole thing and any inconvenient law based on it.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom