• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I'm not sure if his daughter was 10 or 35. We don't know that. But if she was younger, I don't think that a rifle that kicks like a mule would be what I'd use to get her interested in shooting. That, in itself, is stooopid. Having a firearm that hurts, scares, or intimidates a new shooter is a great way to turn them OFF from shooting.

That is a nasty rifle to learn by or even small folks. But I have friends that shoot the low recoil ammo and enjoy it alot. I also use one of the 54R --->7.62x25 adapters which works ok too. No kick at all and saves from buying another rifle for them to learn with. This is how I got my gf to shoot it and she enjoys it now. One rifle with both like to shoot.

I am also considering the low recoil training ammo and rollerless bolt for my PTR-91 for the same reason. Very low recoil and cheap training ammo designed for the HK series rifles. 1K rnds/$200 and accurate out to 200 yds. There is no way she would shoot it or other 7.62 rifles otherwise.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    We may all be behind the curve on this one. Now that 2 of the same color scheme have appeared, it's possible they are related. Could these be Estonian Honor Guard parade rifles? :D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The photos in the OP don't get the color right. Rather than a pure blue, like a Smurf or My Little Pony rifle, this one is a pronounced blue/green, like the old Kresge's stores used.

DennisCA

3480468593_d4ed2b2df4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom