• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I tried to place an order from Primary Arms tonight for some parts to build an AR (thanks for the parts list DA). Got an email from my credit card stating that a charge was authorized for the purchase. I then got an email from PA stating that my order was cancelled. WTH? Anyone have any ideas?

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Maybe sold out during the time the order was placed and someone went to grab the part? Try smaller orders, see if there is an offending part perhaps.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    On got the same thing last week. Said my code from card was incorrect even though double checked. Their customer service was great straightening out.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    That was it. I removed the CMMG lpk and replaced it with an Anderson lpk and it went through. That's crazy. Thanks for the help

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I tried to place an order from Primary Arms tonight for some parts to build an AR (thanks for the parts list DA). Got an email from my credit card stating that a charge was authorized for the purchase. I then got an email from PA stating that my order was cancelled. WTH? Anyone have any ideas?

You're welcome buddy. Reach out whenever you are ready for some help in assembly. I'll get it put together for you and teach you how to do it for future builds.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This community has given me so much and all I am doing is giving back.

Thanks for the recognition though. Don't forget to thank Chad too. Chad is the reason why I know what I do about the AR.
    My sentiments exactly, and yes thanks to Chad and Chad Force One, goes without saying as far as I am concerned. RacknRoll needs a shout out for his political work too! I could name name's all day on this damn forum, good peeps.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    You're welcome buddy. Reach out whenever you are ready for some help in assembly. I'll get it put together for you and teach you how to do it for future builds.

Primary arms called me back today and told me that the reason the first order was cancelled was due to me entering a number or expiration date wrong. I told them I tried it several times and the order wouldn't go through until I dropped the CMMG lpk and added an Anderson lpk. My question is...are the Anderson kits junk or will they do?
    DA...my build is taking a slight turn for the el cheapo lol. It's gonna be a 300blk since I got a barrel off of Buff7mm lol. I'm gonna have under $400 in everything(going cheap on the handguard saves me $ too lol)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Primary arms called me back today and told me that the reason the first order was cancelled was due to me entering a number or expiration date wrong. I told them I tried it several times and the order wouldn't go through until I dropped the CMMG lpk and added an Anderson lpk. My question is...are the Anderson kits junk or will they do?
    DA...my build is taking a slight turn for the el cheapo lol. It's gonna be a 300blk since I got a barrel off of Buff7mm lol. I'm gonna have under $400 in everything(going cheap on the handguard saves me $ too lol)
    A hint for you. Anderson makes stuff for other, more expensive brands...

I have no qualms about using Anderson parts.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Phew I'm glad. I was hoping I didn't end up buying garbage

Don't worry. I've got your back. :D

With all the builds I've done for friends and family, you would not believe how many have gone cheapo (no name/unknown name) and had issues. Only when they get a known good name, do they see what went wrong.

Case in point: A dear friend of mine (also an MDS member) didn't get the handguard I recommended. He instead got a handguard off of eBay for 1/3 the price of the one I recommended. The eBay handguard came in and in one look, I knew it was junk and wouldn't work. He turned around and ordered the one I recommended and when it came in he had the good sense to agree that the recommendation was lighter and much better constructed.

I'm not saying that people have to adhere to what I'm recommending, all I'm saying is don't buy a $40 handguard, because you think you are saving money, instead of getting the one that will do everything you ask of it for $100-150.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I've had good luck with el cheapo builds over the years, it'll work out fine and when you're ready to go let me know.
    :thumbsup: thank you :)
    Don't worry. I've got your back. :D

With all the builds I've done for friends and family, you would not believe how many have gone cheapo (no name/unknown name) and had issues. Only when they get a known good name, do they see what went wrong.

Case in point: A dear friend of mine (also an MDS member) didn't get the handguard I recommended. He instead got a handguard off of eBay for 1/3 the price of the one I recommended. The eBay handguard came in and in one look, I knew it was junk and wouldn't work. He turned around and ordered the one I recommended and when it came in he had the good sense to agree that the recommendation was lighter and much better constructed.

I'm not saying that people have to adhere to what I'm recommending, all I'm saying is don't buy a $40 handguard, because you think you are saving money, instead of getting the one that will do everything you ask of it for $100-150.

:thumbsup: Thank you:)

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    My order went through on Nov 8th AFTER I switched out a LPK. I talked to customer service on Nov 9th and he said the order was packaged and on its way down the conveyor. Great...I paid for 2 day shipping and was told that I would receive an email with shipping info and would receive it Friday Nov 11.
    On Friday I still hadn't received a confirmation email, so I called the same customer rep back. After checking, he said that for some reason my package ended up in the "trouble section". He said since that happened, he would upgrade me to overnight shipping for no extra cost and that I would receive the package Monday:facepalm:
    I must say that he was very polite and courteous and I was impressed to have received a phone call back with his extension#. I will definitely order from them again. I'll just chalk it down to my luck because it has sucked the past few weeks :o

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I had two separate orders for handguards, one was shipped without a street address?? and one arrived with address? I had to call since none of my orders were showing up in my account, they said woops, we will re-ship and they have been working on the website and know of some problems. I do not believe it to be a good time to work on your firearms website at the end of Hildebeast season. Glad that is over. Good people though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom