• 20230603_132445.jpg
      20230603_132445.jpg
      280.9 KB · Views: 80

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks to the folks that showed up. It was good day. Final tally will be later today, but I guess north of 400 cars.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Dumb, but serious questions...not trying to be a jerk, I honestly don't understand:

Is it really free? Are donations encouraged? Is it just a help build community volunteer thing?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Dumb, but serious questions...not trying to be a jerk, I honestly don't understand:

Is it really free? Are donations encouraged? Is it just a help build community volunteer thing?
    It is indeed free with donations accepted but not required. There are actually people who don't donate. It is free, so it's the persons choice.

It is a major fundraiser for the troop. Funds go to kids who cant afford trips, gear, etc. The funds also go toward the general fund. We have ~90 kids and do not turn anyone down on the basis of their ability to pay for things. We also have a good amount of special needs kids. We're blessed that we have a large amount of adult volunteers who are active. My son Eagled in 2020. There are many adults in the troop who Eagled in this troop. The oldest one was in something ridiculous like 1965.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It is indeed free with donations accepted but not required. There are actually people who don't donate. It is free, so it's the persons choice.

It is a major fundraiser for the troop. Funds go to kids who cant afford trips, gear, etc. The funds also go toward the general fund. We have ~90 kids and do not turn anyone down on the basis of their ability to pay for things. We also have a good amount of special needs kids. We're blessed that we have a large amount of adult volunteers who are active. My son Eagled in 2020. There are many adults in the troop who Eagled in this troop. The oldest one was in something ridiculous like 1965.
    :thumbsup:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Yea, fundraisers are not meant to be "free" even if there's no obligation to pay/tip

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    I've seen it done where they would hand out flyers to every car. The flyers were divided into business card-sized sections, they'd ask local businesses to make a donation in exchange for an ad space. So say $25 per space, 8 spaces on a page, you'd start out with a couple hundred bucks before even washing the first car.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I wish I had remembered to go to this. I make a mental note, then saw something shiny and instantly forgot about it. It sounds like it was a success, though.

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md

yes you don't have to donate, and you don't have to pay, it's all volunteer. It's up to you if you want to tip or not. some people tip on average $10. Some people etip as little a 0, some tip as high as 50

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    care to share how much raised?
    close to 20K. We have a lot of corp sponsors for this event. I dont know the actual numbers between monies collected at the event and the sponsors. Typical on site donation is $10. Some guys drop a ben Franklin, some drop a buck. Either way, it is appreciated and needed.
    Thanks to all who got their vehicle washed.

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    close to 20K. We have a lot of corp sponsors for this event. I dont know the actual numbers between monies collected at the event and the sponsors. Typical on site donation is $10. Some guys drop a ben Franklin, some drop a buck. Either way, it is appreciated and needed.
    Thanks to all who got their vehicle washed.
    don't need exact number but just so I can say congratulations! and seems like a huge success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom