• slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Hahahaha!

Dick’s Sporting Goods … Flash Warning Signs​

Updated Aug. 22, 2023 at 5:59 pm ET

“Dicks Sporting Goods shares traded sharply lower Tuesday after the retailer posted weaker quarterly earnings and provided tepid forecasts for the remainder of the year, …

The sporting-goods chain slashed its profit targets for the year after missing Wall Street forecasts for the second quarter. …with excess inventory.”

(Paywall likely, sorree!):

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I take the kids there to try on shoes, which I then order from someone else, and to use their bathroom. Haven't spent a dime there in years and won't.

Shareholders should have sued over them destroying millions of dollars worth of inventory/firearms (if the CEO really did that).

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I take the kids there to try on shoes, which I then order from someone else, and to use their bathroom. Haven't spent a dime there in years and won't.

Shareholders should have sued over them destroying millions of dollars worth of inventory/firearms (if the CEO really did that).

Icing on the cake is if you told them that, after you finished. :brows:

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012

Lol. Seems like a waste of time. I don’t get regular shoes for kids or for myself at dicks because they’re shoes -I think- are outlet style.

However, I do get the kids cleats from Dicks, as well as soccer balls.

I don’t see why the hate for Dicks sports. If they don’t want to carry firearms or ammo, it’s their choice. There are plenty of mom and pop gun stores out there and even the internet. It’s cheaper to get it delivered to your door or at least the same cost as the store.

With my kids playing sports, dicks have been very convenient and good to us, bc we try not to buy everything from Amazon.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Lol. Seems like a waste of time. I don’t get regular shoes for kids or for myself at dicks because they’re shoes -I think- are outlet style.

I don’t see why the hate for Dicks sports. If they don’t want to carry firearms or ammo, it’s their choice. There are plenty of mom and pop gun stores out there and even the internet. It’s cheaper to get it delivered to your door or at least the same cost as the store.

With my kids playing sports, dicks have been very convenient and good to us, bc we try not to buy everything from Amazon.
    Ed Stack, the CEO of Dicks, has made himself the corporate face of "responsible" gun laws, including pushing congress to pass an Assault Weapons Ban.

I hope he goes broke. Which will take some doing since he is a Billionare.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.

I am fine with people making a business decisions and doing what they like. Sell what you want.

However, this guy totally failed his job and the ethics of it (while yelling about ethics) by destroying millions of $$ in inventory which cost shareholders $$. He should have been fired/sued for that, but the left loves those gestures so nothing happened. Now, I question if he really destroyed those firearms or if it was just more lies for publicity. Either way, what he did was not ethical for the position he is in.

Then, he went on the talk shows pushing for leftist stuff and wanting to take your rights away. If you like to give people like that your money, so they can shaft you later with it, then shop there. I won't. Now, I may unknowingly be giving leftist my $$ at times but this guy made it clear what he's going to do with it while they (not yet) haven't.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ed Stack , like John Hechenger , has the right to speak , and to politicize their endeavours to be actively anti gun .

And their customers have the right to direct their patronage elsewhere .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom