• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    The euro optic has Trijcon Huron 3-9x40 on sale. How this scope is comparable to Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40? Both have 1" tube.
    I'm choosing the scope for bolt rifle.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I own a half dozen Trijicons and intend to keep them HOWEVER I will always choose Leupold over Trijicon simply based on Leupolds much more (stellar) customer service / warranty issues handling.

No brainer for me, at least …

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    To me it's a no brainer in favor of Leupold if they are the same price.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I own a half dozen Trijicons and intend to keep them HOWEVER I will always choose Leupold over Trijicon simply based on Leupolds much more (stellar) customer service / warranty issues handling.

No brainer for me, at least …
    My experience with loopy has been just the opposite. They were a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I now own zero loopy. Others I know in terms precision rifle world have had similar issues. The majority of these problems centered on loopy mk4 optics.

I've owned several trijicon optics, currently running two. Natural tone color fidelity in their accupower/credo tubes is spectacular. On par with the kahles k16i in side by side comparison. Never had to use their warranty so I can't comment with authority.
    Best warranty/service in the optics biz is Schmidt and bender, hands down. After that come vortex and swaro/kahles. I haven't owned any zco stuff yet but anecdotal reports suggest that they are very good too.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My experience with loopy has been just the opposite. They were a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I now own zero loopy. Others I know in terms precision rifle world have had similar issues. The majority of these problems centered on loopy mk4 optics.

I've owned several trijicon optics, currently running two. Natural tone color fidelity in their accupower/credo tubes is spectacular. On par with the kahles k16i in side by side comparison. Never had to use their warranty so I can't comment with authority.
    Best warranty/service in the optics biz is Schmidt and bender, hands down. After that come vortex and swaro/kahles. I haven't owned any zco stuff yet but anecdotal reports suggest that they are very good too.
    Leupold was a pain to deal with how exactly? Curious, as I've never had to deal with their warranty people.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Leupold was a pain to deal with how exactly? Curious, as I've never had to deal with their warranty people.
    Sent em a mk4 with horus ret that was fogging up AFTER calling them to tell them it was coming (and get the proper address/attention to). No word. Called em a few weeks later. No info, they'd have to call me back. Call em again. Told I wasn't supposed to have that optic, it's .mil only. I told them I had a receipt for the purchase and that if it wasn't returned, fixed, immediately that I would be coming to retrieve it personally with undisclosed support.

Long story short, I will never own another loopy product. And I will shit on them if anyone asks.

They took three months to fix a BRAND NEW mk5hd that a buddy sent em. That's absolutely ******** when they are actively shipping those optics to their dealers. Fix it or replace it.

Vortex has never taken more than three weeks for anyone I know. My last return to them took 11 days including shipping time. Kahles/Swarovski is usually in the two week range. ZCO actually offered a student of mine a loaner optic if his repairs wouldn't be complete in time to get the rig rezeroed and tried for his upcoming hunt. They were responsive even on a WEEKEND when he called them from the range.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Sent em a mk4 with horus ret that was fogging up AFTER calling them to tell them it was coming (and get the proper address/attention to). No word. Called em a few weeks later. No info, they'd have to call me back. Call em again. Told I wasn't supposed to have that optic, it's .mil only. I told them I had a receipt for the purchase and that if it wasn't returned, fixed, immediately that I would be coming to retrieve it personally with undisclosed support.

Long story short, I will never own another loopy product. And I will shit on them if anyone asks.

They took three months to fix a BRAND NEW mk5hd that a buddy sent em. That's absolutely ******** when they are actively shipping those optics to their dealers. Fix it or replace it.

Vortex has never taken more than three weeks for anyone I know. My last return to them took 11 days including shipping time. Kahles/Swarovski is usually in the two week range. ZCO actually offered a student of mine a loaner optic if his repairs wouldn't be complete in time to get the rig rezeroed and tried for his upcoming hunt. They were responsive even on a WEEKEND when he called them from the range.
    Sounds like Leupold service has gone downhill a lot. I sent a scope back for repair years ago and it took longer for the shipping company to find my house than it did for Leupold to fix it.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sounds like Leupold service has gone downhill a lot. I sent a scope back for repair years ago and it took longer for the shipping company to find my house than it did for Leupold to fix it.
    Their QC has been slacking too. That mk5hd I mentioned above was NOT cheap and was effed right out of the box. My buddy was pissed. He's now out on loopy too. He is mostly Swarovski/kahles now.

I've heard good stories about loopy but both my experience and that mk5hd were flagship products from their company. Their garbage comms and then the insinuation that I was somehow in violation of some ******** policy (which my receipt would seem to refute) by owning a product told me all I need to know. Any company that treats me like a second class customer to the government will be slimed at any opportunity and never see another dollar from me. The optic I "shouldn't have had" was a mk4 spotter with a horus reticle. Come on. It's a spotting scope, not a target guidance package.

And for the record, my kahles glass blows the mk5hd optics away side by side. Especially in low light or low angle light.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Is the glass In the Huron the same Japanese glass as the accupoint? If so that would blow away the glass in the freedom line.
    Unknown. The accupoint and accupower tubes both had great glass.

The price point on the Huron would make me suspicious that the glass is not the same.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Unknown. The accupoint and accupower tubes both had great glass.

The price point on the Huron would make me suspicious that the glass is not the same.
    Did some digging Trijicons website says the huron has Japanese glass. For my eye the accupoint glass compares more with the vx5 leupolds. Never looked through the Huron it may have different coatings and even though it still comes from Japan could be entirely different than what's on the accupoint. I'm intrigued though at the price it could be a hell of a bargain for a hunting rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom