• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevonB324

Done
    Feb 7, 2010
    Transplanted Texan
    http://www.triggerthevote.org/landing.html

There is a fear in our great nation – one that is not without basis.

Americans coast to coast are buying guns and ammunition at a record pace, because they fear that their Right to Keep and Bear Arms is in danger. And they are correct.

This fear has caused nationwide shortages of guns and ammunition. But emptying the shelves at gun stores is not the answer.

The answer is to Trigger the Vote.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    It's guns, it's chuck Norris. I think it's GREAT.

I really do wonder what the large numbers of new gun owners are going to do to future elections. Gun owners tend to be conservatives so it could be argued that the "gun vote" won't change much. However, gun ownership also tends to "make" people more conservative and could hurt Dems or Help Reps.

Who knows? Excellent site though.

Splitter

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    It's guns, it's chuck Norris. I think it's GREAT.

I really do wonder what the large numbers of new gun owners are going to do to future elections. Gun owners tend to be conservatives so it could be argued that the "gun vote" won't change much. However, gun ownership also tends to "make" people more conservative and could hurt Dems or Help Reps.

Who knows? Excellent site though.

Splitter
    I was quite liberal and became very conservative after becoming involved with the shooting community. I think to a large extent that has to do with how much one is exposed to either side of the spectrum and whether one has an open mind to the other side's ideas. I've been surrounded by liberals most of my life. It wasn't till I started talking to people in the shooting community about things other then guns, politics, that I learned of the reasons behind the policy preferences and things started making sense. I'll bet most of the liberals who become interested in guns also tend to hear the conservative side with an open mind and the facts of life convert them. Liberals not interested in the shooting sports, I think, tend to be more closed minded toward really understanding the failures of the liberal policies and the reasons the conservative policies are the only ones that have any chance of perpetuating a free & prosperous USA for the most number of people possible.

On the other hand, I hate this whole Liberal vs. Conservative labeling system. The truth is that liberalism has been so ingrained to our society over the last 50 years that it is no longer "liberal", or "progressive" to support those policy choices. "Liberalism" today is in fact conserving the status quo. Where as the true conservatives & libertarians are the ones seeking to progress our nation toward a different policy method then what is already established.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I believe it was Churchhill that said, "If you are 20 and not liberal you have no heart, if you are 40 and not conservative you have no brain."

I understand the liberal stance. I would love nothing more than to help everyone all the time. However, it goes against the nature of man for one, and it goes against the health of man too. Why do you think it was said, "Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime." Giving people lots of stuff for nothing does nothing to help them in the long run. They become complacent and do little for themselves or others. It also becomes self serving to those who become entitlement minded. They will vote for the very dirtbags who will perpetuate their life of taking. Right now there are probably more people receiving money from the government than are paying into the government, hence, deficit spending.

We must wake up and take back our government or we could be in trouble. Maybe the country as a whole hitting rock bottom is exactly what we need to kick our butts over our heads and get us back on track. Only God knows.
    To me the only thing that will help is putting people in office who will stop the entitlements.

Vic

DevonB324

Done
    Feb 7, 2010
    Transplanted Texan
    Found this today: http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/concealed-carry-report/index_2.html

"You're About To Learn Concealed Carry Secrets That Most Americans Will Never Know..."
    With your FREE subscription to the Concealed Carry Report, you'll learn...

* How to select the best carry holster.
    * How to know when it's okay to use deadly force.
    * Self-defense video of the week.
    * Situational awareness tips from fellow subscribers
    who've had to defend themselves.
    * Valuable tips on personal liability insurance.
    * Self-defense story of the week.
    * Politically INCORRECT commentary!
    * Self-defense cartoon of the week.
    * Unbiased product and gear reviews.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    USCCA has some pretty good info. I was signed up for their free weekly email for a bit and then signed up for the magazine after a bit. Lots of good info on the website after you get a membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom