• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    If anyone is interested, I have found a dealer in pennsylvania who can get us brand new Club brand trigger locks at 5.00 apiece. Each comes with two keys. They can be keyed alike so that you only need one key for all your guns. If anyone is interested, pm me or post a comment.

Last edited:

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    If anyone is interested, I have found a dealer in pennsylvania who can get us brand new club trigger locks at 5.00 apiece. Each comes with two keys. They can be keyed alike so that you only need one key for all your guns. If anyone is interested, pm me or post a comment.

With a lock on your trigger you just have a really expensive club..

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    true, but if you can't afford a safe, or if you like to display your firearms, then its better than a cable lock. They are harder to break through than a cable lock or a plastic/ cloth/ aluminum case. Any criminal who stole one would need more than just some bolt cutters or a crowbar. I suppose they could cut off the triggergaurd, but good luck selling the firearm after that. And I bet in the dark, you could open up a keyed trigger lock faster than a combination safe. I realize that there are better and more sophisticated locking devices out there, but not everyone is daddy warbucks, and we all need to be safe.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    so far I have 26 locks reserved out of 48 locks available. I was at gander mtn yesterday and it is the exact same locks they use on thier hanguns in the case. I like the keyed alike option because you can use your one key to unlock all the guns in your collection. I have a pic here.

L11308680.jpg

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Are they all keyed alike so you can get to my guns? Cuz, ya know, that'd be kinda, well, bad.

But if you can key different orders differently (i.e, mine all one key, yours all different), then you might get more takers that way.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    the keyed alike option is just that, an option. They are not all keyed alike. From what the guy told me, he has several keyed alike cases. So you could have a diffrent keyed lock on each gun, or you could have them all keyed alike. My alike locks won't be the same as your alike locks.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I'm not buying any, just want the potential buyers to be aware of the options. Is this a case of:

1) every lock in the large order is opened with a single key?
    2) every lock in a customer's order can be opened with a single key?
    3) every lock requires a unique key?

I'm hoping the answer is a combination of (3) by default, and (2) as an option, but await your answer.

As an example, if you get an order from 5 members, wanting 10 locks apiece, you'd place a large order for 50 locks. How many keys would you need?

In question 3, above, I believe the default for locksmiths is that 50 locks would require 50 keys.

In question 2, above, I believe that you're offering an option whereby you'd get 50 locks and 5 keys, so each member's key would only open their 10 locks, but nobody else's locks. That would be pretty cool.

In question 1, above, I just want to make sure that the "all keyed alike" refers to each individual order of 10 locks, not your all-encompassing order of all 50 locks. I'd hate for all 50 to be keyed alike, and thus your key open my lock. I don't think that would go over very well at all.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    2) every lock in a customer's order can be opened with a single key?
    yes
    this is how it would be. Every lock comes with two keys. If you order 10 locks, you get 20 keys that open all of your locks. You can save them all, or break all but one. Your keys will only open your locks, not anyone elses locks. You will not be able to open another members gun lock. These locks were meant for gun stores who need to lock all thier guns, but don't want to have to have a bunch of diffent keys. I have sent them emails and they have explained the locks too me and before any money is exchanged, I will ensure that this is the case personally. I do not wish to anger members of the forum. Any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom