• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huck Hound

Mar 8, 2020
    While hunting with friends, we discussed if the DNR can come on your property at any time they wanted under the premise of looking for game violations. Can someone shed some light on this. One friend said that while target shooting on his property DNR showed up to investigate. Would not leave until he searched the whole area.

Md...voted for and supported Biden...he'll fix this sh!t.:innocent0

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Yeah your answer is highlighted above. They weren't getting those "$500-$2k" fines for nothing. Don't like being "harassed", fix your issues.

L o l

Know how I know you don’t know anything about that kind of thing?

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    DNR, Coast Guard anyd DOT all seem to get a free pass. I have heard dnr can go anywhere, coast guard can board and search and dot can stop for a safety inspection all with out any real probable cause. I have experienced the dot but not the others.

Yeah it’s complete ********

The 4th doesn’t have an asterisk at the end that says “*except for hunting, boating, fishing or commercial vehicles “

Slavery was “legal” at one time. Didn’t make it right or constitutional

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    I have personally been involved where an MSP Trooper at the weigh station at 495 and 95 handed out $2K in tickets that were subsequently kicked in court and no court costs charged. Two of us were still out of work for half a day.

Yes, they do "harass" commercial vehicle drivers/owners.

My buddy was held up for 6 hours while a air line was replaced on a 6 month old trailer. Because it was “dry rotted” said the genius woman dot. When in reality the new paint was flaking off.

If this BS has anything to do with safety , the same rules would apply to the 90 year old in a 70000 pound RV and the 17 year old horse girl pulling a 40’ trailer.
    Health cards etc. But they know there would be backlash against that easier to fine the guy trying to make a buck. You have to have a fire extinguisher in every commercial vehicle too. Another friend had the ***** dot put his hand on his gun when he opened the back door to show it to him.

About like threatening to arrest someone over tint while they have tint on their personal vehicles.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    So you have one incident that was thrown out of court and that automatically means every action, inspection, citation they write is bogus and harassment, gotcha. :rolleyes:

I'm sure somewhere there's an unhappy restaurant owner because a commercial kitchen equipment installer "ripped them off" so now that means all do.

It’s systemic. Obviously you don’t own commercial vehicles or anyone that does.

I know of a big company with well maintained trucks that are traded before they hit 5 years old. They will drive ten miles out of the way to avoid one of the mobile pirate stations.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    SCOTUS precedent. There was a big write up recently [ETA here it is https://www.agweb.com/article/government-cameras-hidden-private-property-welcome-open-fields ] I hate to point to Wikipedia, but it’s a decent synopsis: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-fields_doctrine

There have been a few criminal prosecutions resulting from people taking down government cameras on their property; the write up I mentioned included a couple recent examples of such things.

SCOTUS said slavery was legal.
    Rewrote oboma care as either a tax or fine depending on which fit it constitutionally
    And refuses to take up all the massive voter fraud now.
    Among other things
    And what the nazis/soviets/Chinese did was “legal”.

Excuse me if what some robed elite says is constitutional doesn’t hold much water anymore.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Is the owner information on the camera? Whar turd world/clown world shit land kangaroo court goes along w that? Never mind. Im not drunk enough to process. Not that this is new. Its just depressing.

We are in a third world banana republic.

It’s 1984 mixed with idiocracy

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    ****Huh? I know people in the Corps of Engineers. They don't have any police powers.

Do something to affect the flow of a stream etc and see what happens.

Under oboma they screwed with farmers and said their plow ridges affected navigable waterways and tried to fine/sue/harass them

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    With driving an officer can run your plate and see a variety of things. For example, is the owner licensed? Is their license suspended?

IIRC there is currently some stuff on if that could be considered cause for pulling someone over, but I know it generally can be used for such.

An officer pulling you over is effectively a temporary detention.

However if you are engaged in what appears to be hunting or fishing you are required to be licensed and you can legally be asked to produce that proof. Now, I’ve got no clue what legal basis an officer would have to inspect your firearm, for say a plug, unless they were told or observed something that made them think you had a >2+1 shotgun hunting turkey or whatever.

My guess is, they do it because almost no one tells them no. Just like officers ask to search your vehicle all the time. Maybe there is legal precedent they can and it would be admissible without permission.

Asking for a license isn’t a detention. For driving you are required to present your license to an officer. It is just that they can’t pull you over to request it without some other probable cause to execute what is, again, a temporary detention.
    That is some tortured logic there to somehow reach the conclusion you can be stopped without reasonable suspicion of a crime.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    While hunting with friends, we discussed if the DNR can come on your property at any time they wanted under the premise of looking for game violations. Can someone shed some light on this. One friend said that while target shooting on his property DNR showed up to investigate. Would not leave until he searched the whole area.

I just remembered last year, somebody I know was parked in the lane to their house reading the mail.
    DNR pulled into the road and questioned them about casting artificial rays onto the field before the house.
    They were sitting in the truck with it running and the lights on.
    So I would say yes, I guess they can if they choose to under the premise of game regulations or suspicion of other broken regulations.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I just remembered last year, somebody I know was parked in the lane to their house reading the mail.
    DNR pulled into the road and questioned them about casting artificial rays onto the field before the house.
    They were sitting in the truck with it running and the lights on.
    So I would say yes, I guess they can if they choose to under the premise of game regulations or suspicion of other broken regulations.

Lol, I would have told that guy to GFHS so hard

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Lol, I would have told that guy to GFHS so hard

I think he actually remained pretty calm. He had been visited on one of the other farms he owns because of excess grain spillage near a waterway or something like that.

Attempting to kill many waterfowl with prejudice and a loaded combine nearby the day before or something. This may have been after the spot check in the driveway if I remember correctly and was on the other side of the county.

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County

I say F. that I don't think that's what they had in mind for the 4th amendment in the beginning, and I'd plant one tree in any/every "open field" as a cautionary measure. What in the world is the true definition of an open field? Now its just another area to debate and erode away further. We declared independence to get away from exactly those things. "No Trespassing" means everyone, including the government.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    The Institute for Justice is behind the lawsuit in Tennessee to get rid of the open fields doctrine. https://ij.org/case/tennessee-open-fields/ They're challenging it there under the Tennessee constitution, not the US constitution. They have a good plan set up; they are going to try to overturn it in several states first under state constitutions then file a lawsuit under the US Constitution. I think it'll work, as long as the Supreme Court isn't packed in the interim, but it will take a few years. They explain the whole thing pretty well here:

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    About 15 years ago On opening day of gun we had DNR walk in on our land about 3/4 of a mile to a large field. He then walked that and pulled everyone out of there stand to check for hunting license. Afterwards the members came back to camp complaining about it and the head guy called the normal DNR officer of that area. That officer apologized for it and said he was fresh out of school and he will make sure that never happens again.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    About 15 years ago On opening day of gun we had DNR walk in on our land about 3/4 of a mile to a large field. He then walked that and pulled everyone out of there stand to check for hunting license. Afterwards the members came back to camp complaining about it and the head guy called the normal DNR officer of that area. That officer apologized for it and said he was fresh out of school and he will make sure that never happens again.

I have seen DNR Police walk onto private land at least a few times to check license and other regulations. I was hunting one year on opener of deer firearms season in Taneytown. I am laying back resting between several fallen trees and holding my 44 magnum pistol. I hear something running it sounded like and I started to get up with pistol in hand. About then a DNR officer jumps up on fallen tree and staring down at me. I think he shit himself. He calmed down and asked where everyone was at. He walked around checking guns and license. Then he asked us all to go up front of property and open up the trunks and the closed body trucks. He was looking for deer I guess. Finally he left. No apologies then. They can do WTF they want basically.

OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer
    ITT: "The state owns the animals"

In reality, it's not that simple. Wildlife is held in public trust and the states act as "quasi-trustees" to safeguard public access to wildlife and other natural resources. This is a doctrine that goes back to Roman times in legality (most, if not all of our law has its roots in Roman and then English law because precedence is always sought to uphold a decision). This covers wildlife, navigability, and land access. These resources are held in public trust and the DNR and state merely act as enforcement agents of said trust. When the DNR catches a poacher and tries them and punishes them, it's not because they took the state government's animal outside of the law, but because they deprived the rest of us the right to fair chase within the limits of the law.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Definitely not giving NRP enough credit here, by and large they're doing a bang up job to protect all of our hunting and fishing opportunities from miscreants like vvvvvv THESE vvvvvv

DNR and Sheriff just snagged a couple of miscreants, a short while ago on someones hunting property I know.
    The Sheriff went in and when they fled it was right to the DNR officer.:lol2:

Evidently as the LE approached, they shot a deer, Seen the officers, fled and then a whole litany of infractions was the net result. Their vehicle was still onsite and they took off!

Just respect the wardens in the long run they want you to have a good hunt same as the rest of us

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Calling it your job don’t make it right to be a jerk although guess they have run ins with some idiots . Just think they could do a lot better figuring out things without acting like the gistopo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom