• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    You're best bet would be a Bible and maybe a Cassock and Clerical collar to administrator last rights. Trauma has a specific meaning to Emergency Department staff and that meaning is quickly placing the victims into the care of trauma personnel. Trauma is not something that you'll treat at home. Trauma is not something you'll be wanting to drive an hour and a half....you'll be too stressed. Not all hospitals are trauma centers and would only send the victims to an appropriate level trauma center losing more precious time. Remember the "golden hour". I think you are looking for piece of mind, and in a rural setting, so talk to your local EMS to see how they handle rapid evacuation. Maybe make a donation. Talking to them could increase your anxiety if you perceive ineptness but at least you'll know lol. Shock sets in quickly so maybe at least they could push fluids and manage an airway. Know where your nearest open level field is....think helicopter landing and ambo being able to drive onto the field. As suggested educating yourself and family is the best bet because you may be the victim and placing a tourniquet could be difficult with an arm off or your tractor just rolled over on you or you fell down the steps and are unconscious or you hit your horsepower lines with your aluminum ladder and the electricity blew half you foot off not to mention fry everything between the arm carrying the ladder and the foot. These are real things I saw working as a Trauma Nurse and could go on and on but I won't. I've been looking at getting away from the people of Baltimore and Maryland and love the hills down in Southern WV but Im getting older, have health issues, and no one to call EMS which honestly scares me....but I'd die in "almost heaven"

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You're best bet would be a Bible and maybe a Cassock and Clerical collar to administrator last rights. Trauma has a specific meaning to Emergency Department staff and that meaning is quickly placing the victims into the care of trauma personnel. Trauma is not something that you'll treat at home. Trauma is not something you'll be wanting to drive an hour and a half....you'll be too stressed. Not all hospitals are trauma centers and would only send the victims to an appropriate level trauma center losing more precious time. Remember the "golden hour". I think you are looking for piece of mind, and in a rural setting, so talk to your local EMS to see how they handle rapid evacuation. Maybe make a donation. Talking to them could increase your anxiety if you perceive ineptness but at least you'll know lol. Shock sets in quickly so maybe at least they could push fluids and manage an airway. Know where your nearest open level field is....think helicopter landing and ambo being able to drive onto the field. As suggested educating yourself and family is the best bet because you may be the victim and placing a tourniquet could be difficult with an arm off or your tractor just rolled over on you or you fell down the steps and are unconscious or you hit your horsepower lines with your aluminum ladder and the electricity blew half you foot off not to mention fry everything between the arm carrying the ladder and the foot. These are real things I saw working as a Trauma Nurse and could go on and on but I won't. I've been looking at getting away from the people of Baltimore and Maryland and love the hills down in Southern WV but Im getting older, have health issues, and no one to call EMS which honestly scares me....but I'd die in "almost heaven"
    Bibles make for poor wound packing and cassoks, poor litters. There are plenty of interventions one can do for one's self and or others. Not all trauma are fatal. The brain is your first responder. Keep it in the game. Take some first aid courses and never give up.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Bibles make for poor wound packing and cassoks, poor litters. There are plenty of interventions one can do for one's self and or others. Not all trauma are fatal. The brain is your first responder. Keep it in the game. Take some first aid courses and never give up.
    And if the SHTF the lack of helicopters and over loaded under staffed and supplied trauma centers will turn the Golden Hour into suffering hours or even days. Skills and supplies will become Golden themselves.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    And if the SHTF the lack of helicopters and over loaded under staffed and supplied trauma centers will turn the Golden Hour into suffering hours or even days. Skills and supplies will become Golden themselves.
    Two great posts. Training trumps all. That will give you ideas of what supplies you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom