• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice. Got a spare quarter mil laying around? Plus, even if you could find live ammo the $200 tax stamp on each round would be a killer. Ever see one have an out of battery detonation? Bad times.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No, one for the full auto and one for EACH round of explosive ammo as a destructive device.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    That thing would go through your chalk rounds fast enough.

I doubt they make chalk rounds for it. They would probably have to be significantly beefier than the M203 versions to be able to handle the higher muzzle velocity to get the range that the MK19 has.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I am guessing that is a two stamp gun?

One for full auto and another for destructive device?

A destructive device requires one stamp, be it semi auto or full auto. There are very few transferable full auto DDs, but I do know of a Bofors auto cannon that was for sale a few years ago.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    A destructive device requires one stamp, be it semi auto or full auto. There are very few transferable full auto DDs, but I do know of a Bofors auto cannon that was for sale a few years ago.

2.1.8.2 Large caliber weapons:
    Certain destructive devices may also meet the definition of machinegun because in addition to having a bore diameter of more than one-half inch the weapons are capable of fully automatic fire. ATF treats NFA firearms of this type as both machineguns and destructive devices. The weapons are coded as machineguns in the NFRTR with an annotation that they are also destructive devices. Any such weapons manufactured on or after May 19, 1986 are subject to 18U.S.C. 922(o). In instances where a weapon of this type is being transferred, it is imperative that State and local laws where the weapon is being transferred do not prohibit possession of destructive devices or machineguns.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    What's the cost for each round and where would you find them at?

I paid about $8/round shipped for these chalk rounds. So $200 for about 25-30 seconds of fun in the MK19.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 294

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I paid about $8/round shipped for these chalk rounds. So $200 for about 25-30 seconds of fun in the MK19.

Too short for the MK19 if those are designed for the M203. And there's no way those .38 blanks are going to cycle it.

I would love to shoot those chalk rounds again. I have fond memories of windy days with blowing snow trying to hit trucks about 150-200 meters away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom