• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah. I just know more of the guys who rely on this gear for actually more than just match and range days use LBT gear.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    WARPIG [USMC];1724529 said:
    They make great pieces of kit! Still want to find an OD 1195j one of these days (I'm somewhat of a collector).

Let me ask around. Most are just new style airsoft rigs.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    London Bridge is good kit and kinda like the difference between snap on and craftsman tools, one is for those that are making their living using them and the other is for those that are tinkering in the garage.

Kinda wondering why you would imply that some of us either couldn't afford it or wouldn't buy it because it might be priced as most tier 1 kit is. You don't know much about me blaster so please don't assume you do.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    London Bridge is good kit and kinda like the difference between snap on and craftsman tools, one is for those that are making their living using them and the other is for those that are tinkering in the garage.

Kinda wondering why you would imply that some of us either couldn't afford it or wouldn't buy it because it might be priced as most tier 1 kit is. You don't know much about me blaster so please don't assume you do.

Just making a general statement. I don't know you well enough to say that you prefer crap :)

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I don't think train as you fight and plate carrier go together. Train as you fight would be wearing pajamas with a mag tucked in the waistband and no shoes. If you aren't military or police and shoot someone while wearing a plate carrier, you're going to be in a world of hurt. Just be honest, it's mall ninja gear. It's fun being tier 1 on the weekend.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    I don't think train as you fight and plate carrier go together. Train as you fight would be wearing pajamas with a mag tucked in the waistband and no shoes. If you aren't military or police and shoot someone while wearing a plate carrier, you're going to be in a world of hurt. Just be honest, it's mall ninja gear. It's fun being tier 1 on the weekend.

Apparently you misunderstand what this is about. It's not about training with a plate carrier because that's what I'm gonna have on in an incident. I'm looking into a PC because I don't want 4 AR mags and 3 pistol mags and a blow out kit hanging on my belt. That's not gonna be a real life situation for me. I only want maybe one rifle mag and two pistol mags on my belt, more in line with real life. For those classes where I need to be able to carry more mags for whatever reason, like a carbine class, I would rather it be on a PC than my belt. It's not a daily attire for me.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    6-5,

Based on my earlier post, I think I know where you're going and I somewhat agree. Just one thing, I'm early in my learning process as to running a carbine, but I've heard that different gear can affect your cheek weld on the carbine, which can affect your accuracy down range. Not saying you should'nt do what you're doing, but keep this in the back of your mind when training/practicing.

Since I'm new to carbines, I have not experienced this myself, but maybe other people can chime in and confirm or disaffirm the above.

Jim

randomjoe

Jan 16, 2009
    I adjust the length on my stock if I am wearing armor as you are correct, my cheek weld changes. If I am wearing just my normal road vest I run the stock on my M4 fully extended, and it puts my nose just behind the charging handle. If I add a plate carrier or an wearing a heavier entry vest I collapse the stock one position, which puts my nose just behind the charging handle.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Does PIG make the CIRAS vest? Those are sweet.

Sorry to dig this up again - I actually just found out recently that the PIG is actually made by Eagle Industries, so in a sense, yes they also make the CIRAS. I saw a PHENOMENAL deal on a CIRAS about a month ago - Brand new with pouches for $350....incredible.

To the OP - did you ever find a set up you like? Are running plates necessary for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom