• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Off duty cop in Chicago was attacked by a robber and shot him. They ended up on the ground and she managed 3 shots.
    The guy won the asphalt temperature challenge.

This is why you always carry hot and always practice a 1 handed draw.

You'll most likely have to be yoking the attacker with your support hand.
    Your scenario won't be done with the perfect YouTube theatrics 2 handed draw.
    Add a back up gun in this picture. Can you fight to retain that one as well?

How about ankle carry? No way in hell you'd get to that gun in a fight like this.

Scary.
    dde3fa512b42bf379edf2ccffd0c3cd8.jpg

Last edited:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My worst nightmare is I fight someone while I’m wearing crocs.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    The one and only upside to having bad feet is that I'm forced to wear shoes that support my feet, so unless I'm at the beach, I've got at least tennis shoes on.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Being killed by someone in Crocs, and having them berate you, as they overcome your attack, is just nasty. I think I need a shower after watching that.

Glad she prevailed, and that the Darwin Award winner wasn’t a better fighter, or armed. She is alive after being attacked, so that’s the most important thing.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Hoodies aren't your friend. Got my ass beat once because I got my sweatshirt with a hood pulled over my head.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    Last year I went to a cookout and told my wife I was wearing shoes and not flipflops incase I had to fight someone. We were just going to my sister's house but a guy has to be prepared.

Seriously though I'm glad she won that battle. Reminds me I need to train more.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

I always sleep buck nekkid. So if I have to shoot someone breaking into the house, there's that split second advantage of freezing them in their tracks when they see my hairy carcass.

Just have to be careful not to get my short and curlies entangled in the slide.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    With all of the points the OP discussed, apparently the only thing people took from it was shoe choice. Got it!…

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It looks like she's giving him the :thumbsup: in the eye socket. That's pretty good, too. :thumbsup:
    Scratch their brain. Eye socket and nasal cavity both get you in the right direction. "Leading them around by the nose" isn't exactly pain free. Whatever it takes to hollow out and create the space you need to access and employ your tools. Just practice the movements so you don't shoot your own hand/arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom