• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    This is a placeholder thread for the event to be held at Sanner's Lake on Friday, 15 November & Saturday, 23 November.

See the attached flier.

Attachments

• Bill Plath Memorial Toys-for-Tots 3-Gun Match Flyer (Rev. 1)[1].pdf
      373.4 KB · Views: 225
    Last edited:

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    DRAFT Stages for the T4T Fundraiser Match

We anticipate that the sign-up website will likely be up by this Wednesday.

John

Attachments

• DRAFT Stages for USMC-Sanner-sLake Bill Plath Memorial Toys for Tots 3-Gun Match .pdf
      194.3 KB · Views: 224

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Is it safe to assume that the 22 rifle on the first stage refers to Rimfire .22?

And the shotgun stage refers to choice of 3, does that mean a choice of 12, 16, and 20 are supplied? Maybe I'm reading too much into it (plus being a newbie).

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Is it safe to assume that the 22 rifle on the first stage refers to Rimfire .22?

And the shotgun stage refers to choice of 3, does that mean a choice of 12, 16, and 20 are supplied? Maybe I'm reading too much into it (plus being a newbie).

This is a standard USPSA 3-gun match. 3-gun meaning 3 different firearms are used: handgun, rifle (AR15, AK etc) and a shotgun.

As for your questions:
    All center fire. "22 Rifle Stage Hide and Seek" is the name of the stage. The wording is kind of strange though.

'Shotgun Stage 3 Your Choice' is the name of the stage. No ammo is supplied.

You need to supply the rifle, shotgun and handgun and all required ammo to shoot the match. If you are missing one of the three firearms it is highly likely that someone would let you borrow their firearms, if you bring ammo (556/223, 9mm and 12ga are popular calibers). Anyone is up to shoot my stuff if they want to try it out.

If you care enough to look up what class you are shooting in you can search ‘USPSA 3 gun rules’ and take a look at the rule book. Personally I bring whatever defensive firearms that I have up and running and have some fun, I couldn’t care less what class I shoot in.

I have a quesiton: Is it only 3 stages or are these just 3 examples?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    This is a standard USPSA 3-gun match. 3-gun meaning 3 different firearms are used: handgun, rifle (AR15, AK etc) and a shotgun.

As for your questions:
    All center fire. "22 Rifle Stage Hide and Seek" is the name of the stage. The wording is kind of strange though.

'Shotgun Stage 3 Your Choice' is the name of the stage. No ammo is supplied.

You need to supply the rifle, shotgun and handgun and all required ammo to shoot the match. If you are missing one of the three firearms it is highly likely that someone would let you borrow their firearms, if you bring ammo (556/223, 9mm and 12ga are popular calibers). Anyone is up to shoot my stuff if they want to try it out.

If you care enough to look up what class you are shooting in you can search ‘USPSA 3 gun rules’ and take a look at the rule book. Personally I bring whatever defensive firearms that I have up and running and have some fun, I couldn’t care less what class I shoot in.

I have a quesiton: Is it only 3 stages or are these just 3 examples?

The match will only be 3 stages. All guns and ammo will be provided and covered by your entry fee. The rifle stage will be with .22. This is not going to be an official USPSA 3 gun match. Unless things changed drastically from the last planning meeting.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The match will only be 3 stages. All guns and ammo will be provided and covered by your entry fee. The rifle stage will be with .22. This is not going to be an official USPSA 3 gun match. Unless things changed drastically from the last planning meeting.

hmmm, Im going to have to rethink my participation. I might go to the Chantilly gun show instead.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Thanks for the info. This is really starting to sound like it might be an excellent intro into 3-gun for the younger shooters (or the older newbies like me).

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Event-Flyer and Sign-Up Link

The match-flyer is attached.

The link to sign-up is here. Folks can sign-up for rifle, pistol, or shotgun, or all three. If you sign-up for all three in the same hour, you will be given head-of-line privileges.

KStone said:
    The match will only be 3 stages. All guns and ammo will be provided and covered by your entry fee. The rifle stage will be with .22. This is not going to be an official USPSA 3 gun match.

:goodpost:Thanks for stepping-up to clear-up the misinformation that was being passed. What you said is all correct.

NiftyVT said:
    I might go to the Chantilly gun show instead.

No problem Ricky, it's a two-day event -- you can hit the gun-show one day and shoot the fundraiser on the other. And even if you don't want to shoot it now that you understand the Course-of-Fire, you can still make donations to this worthy charity and to help make some kid's Christmas better.:party29:

Attachments

• Bill Plath Memorial Toys-for-Tots 3-Gun Match Flyer (Rev. 1)[1].pdf
      373.4 KB · Views: 118
    Last edited:

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Updated Match-Dates -- Friday, 15 NOV & Saturday 23 NOV

Match dates have been changes to reflect the strong demand for a week-day event. The updated flyer is attached.

Registration site is here.

Attachments

• Bill Plath Memorial Toys-for-Tots 3-Gun Match Flyer (Rev. 1).pdf
      373.2 KB · Views: 170

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Jared and I are looking for a few people to help run the match. I would like to have people run a 4 hour block. I would like to have the IDPA / USPSA background folks to run the timers and score. Right now Jared and I are in very deep with the USPSA RO class and the state match so, please understand if we take a little bit to get back to you.

Please let us know if you can work 0900 to 1300 or 1300 to 1700.

Thank you,

Chris Vet Viverette

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Jared and I are looking for a few people to help run the match. I would like to have people run a 4 hour block. I would like to have the IDPA / USPSA background folks to run the timers and score. Right now Jared and I are in very deep with the USPSA RO class and the state match so, please understand if we take a little bit to get back to you.

Please let us know if you can work 0900 to 1300 or 1300 to 1700.

Thank you,

Chris Vet Viverette
    I can help on a weekend either time slot.
    Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom