• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    OK so season 3 started last Tuesday night at 10pm (2200 hrs) on the History channel, in case you missed it you can watch the episode online commercial free on the History channels site.

Who is your early prediction to win it based on the bio's? My guess is Mike Hughs and not sure why. I do the same thing for Survivor.
    My second guess would be the three gun shooter Phil Morden.
    I think Jarrett Grimes is a good shooter but his bravado is what's going to be his downfall.

I am not impressed at all by the two woman and that tool Michael Marelli, how do you make a statement about how your better than the contestants from season 1 & 2 and then miss shots with the .500 Magnum to start the show?

So who's you pick to win it all?

Michael Marelli is a douch and it would suck to be the first person to get cut from the show. I honestly don't have a pick of who will/might win, you never know when they will throw a crazy challange on there and some one gets nominated get cut. I reserve my guess for at least half way through the season.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I think this season's gun choices are going to be too ridiculous... I mean, have you ever shot a Gatling gun or Hotchkiss gun for practice--- that's artillery- not marksmanship.... and relying too much on chance, not skill....

I also think the show should have some celebrities on it to increase interest--- Ted Nugent, Sarah Palin, Brett Favre, etc.... make them team captains with their winnings going to charity.... or just have them as a regular contestant......

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Not real sure who I am picking to win, but at first glance I would have to go with the former Seal. Theres not alot you can do to those dudes that are gonna surprise them.

I do think the Red Team is gonna get their tails kicked though.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I think this season's gun choices are going to be too ridiculous... I mean, have you ever shot a Gatling gun or Hotchkiss gun for practice--- that's artillery- not marksmanship.... and relying too much on chance, not skill....

I also think the show should have some celebrities on it to increase interest--- Ted Nugent, Sarah Palin, Brett Favre, etc.... make them team captains with their winnings going to charity.... or just have them as a regular contestant......

I think Ted Nugent would be a better host than that Colby guy.

I thought it was pretty dumb the way they picked the teams.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Too stupid, Red Team saying they're better and yet every one of them are from the "loser's bracket". No doubt some good shooters there especially the ones that lost by a micro second.

2much2do49

Feb 25, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    I finished watching it last night from the DVR, and at this point I think its hard to tell who'll win. I agree that the women on there don't seem to be very good (though they're a hell of a lot better than me), though it was pretty damn funny watching them try to shoot that S&W 500!

Not to give away a spoiler here, but the person who was sent home will help the red team. The performance with the sniper rifle screwed the red team during the challenge.

I only saw parts of the first two seasons, so I'm anxious to stay up with this season!

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I agree about some of the gun choices, but they are making it fun to watch. I would hate to see someone go home because they don't spray bullets as well as the next. Sons of Guns is becoming less interesting with each episode. Too much Saiga. I don't know how many Saiga products they can built, but it's getting old.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    No prediction yet, i may need to wait another week or two for that.

I am not impressed at all by the two woman and that tool Michael Marelli, how do you make a statement about how your better than the contestants from season 1 & 2 and then miss shots with the .500 Magnum to start the show?

This made my wife and i laugh our ass off. If your going to talk sh$t, backing it up is a must

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    I finally managed to see episode 1 of this season (3). Hate the way they picked teams. Would have far preferred random selection. I mean, which ever team loses the first team challenge is going to be labelled 'losers', but to actually use that to define the teams to start with? Uncool, imo.

I also wish all reality shows would make no cuts in the first episode. I think it's too likely that the first challenge will disfavor someone who otherwise has greater talents. But, when they disappear in episode 1 you never get a chance to find out.

All that said, I suspect Amanda (the one who was eliminated in episode 1) wouldn't have made it to the end. Took 10 shots at 75 yards, when others were hitting on their first, some at 100 yards? Maybe miss a couple due to unfamiliarity with the system, but 10 bespeaks problems that should not be present in a winner of a show like this.

Still sorry to see her go, though, as I liked how she owned up to the fact that her performance earned her a spot in the elimination challenge.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I finally managed to see episode 1 of this season (3). Hate the way they picked teams. Would have far preferred random selection. I mean, which ever team loses the first team challenge is going to be labelled 'losers', but to actually use that to define the teams to start with? Uncool, imo.

I also wish all reality shows would make no cuts in the first episode. I think it's too likely that the first challenge will disfavor someone who otherwise has greater talents. But, when they disappear in episode 1 you never get a chance to find out.

All that said, I suspect Amanda (the one who was eliminated in episode 1) wouldn't have made it to the end. Took 10 shots at 75 yards, when others were hitting on their first, some at 100 yards? Maybe miss a couple due to unfamiliarity with the system, but 10 bespeaks problems that should not be present in a winner of a show like this.

Still sorry to see her go, though, as I liked how she owned up to the fact that her performance earned her a spot in the elimination challenge.

I hate the way she claimed to be a "badass woman"..... Really? how many shots did you miss out of how many???? 4 targets hit in 26 pus shots????? REALLY???? ( She probably had a hyphenated last name!:lol:)
    Be humble and let your actions speak for themselves....

Guess she wasn't as bad ass as she thought... Boy-- who saw that coming????

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    Be humble and let your actions speak for themselves....
    I agree.
    I was turned off a little by watching season 2. Turning into Survivor with guns. I enjoy the competition part of it but not the personality clashes. At one point, the one competitor who was a Marine sniper instructor stated he would help the other competitors who were former military but not the ones who were not former military, specifically the golf instructor. Whatever happened to being a good sport when competing??

adamwzl

Aug 1, 2011
    Eastern Shore / Annapolis
    ^Oh, George. He was a USAF Sniper or as what many people call them Base Security guards. :innocent0

He didnt really have respect for anyone who wasn't military, but he's also from NJ. Need I to say more? :lol:

Though I did enjoy season 2, I could do away with the drama. But it's gotta be entertaining somehow.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I like the line up this year - last season was way to heavy on military guys (no offense to the military) but I like the varied backgrounds of this years contestants better

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Predictions for episode 2? I think the "Losers" will pull out a win, they didn't lose by much last week. Not sure who I think will go home though.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    SEAL coach Sawyer seemed less than impressed by SEAL team leader jake in practice. It'll be interesting to watch these ak's fire after being slugged through water, mud and sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom