• ...and so much more!
  • johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Forgot.......FORGOT WHAT?????

You forgot quite a few things....:D

Hahahahaha happens every day!! :o

There are SOOOOO many options for the OP, it really gets kind of moot to be honest. Everyone has their own personal choice to start, but, there are just so many to choose.

In the end, most quality rifles all do the same anyways...:cool: I mean, a $1400 Daniel Defense is something that I would take into battle as well as a $1200 or $1000 BCM....just as well as a $2-3000 upper end rifle. :D

I think that some, like Knights Armament, are just wayyyy over priced. Same with POF...their nice but.......IMHO that is....:lol2:

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    So you would take a $1200 BCM into battle but $1600 BCM would be out of the question?........j/k

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    You guys are no joke when it comes to overloading someone's brain.
    For now I'm tracking down a LPK to grab then I'll make use of this info for sure

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    LPK here

Get one of the non-FCG versions and use something like an ACT with JP spring kit (3.5-pound pull) or if you have the cheddar, a geissele or timney (depending on whether you prefer single or double-stage).

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    LPK here

Get one of the non-FCG versions and use something like an ACT with JP spring kit (3.5-pound pull) or if you have the cheddar, a geissele or timney (depending on whether you prefer single or double-stage).

That LPK kit is DPMS. I've read that their middle of the pack, plenty better manufacturers out there. Thoughts?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For an LPK (minus trigger/FCG), the DPMS will fit the bill. CMMG will work just fine as well.

What you save in the LPK versus going with a high $$ maker for almost no gains, can be put into other pricier parts that you'll need.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    well, the one without FCG but with pistol grip (according to photos, but if it doesn't have PG i won't be upset cause i'm using MIADs) was 22 bucks for me, so might as well. Certainly can't piece together for that price, and these aren't going on what some would call "fighting guns", so I'm not hugely worried. I've never had an issue with DPMS kits. I think arfcom bandwagons are great for finding quality stuff at lower prices simply because the bandwagon brands up their prices once they become one. ;)

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    LPK here

By the way, I just added the JP springs to a ALG I had laying around and it baffles me that I only paid a total of $55 for this trigger.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I always buy LPK's with no FCG....Being you can get a ALG QMS or ACT between $40 and $65 it's a no brainier. Nobody should be using stock triggers anymore when you can get a great trigger for a few dollars more.

I usually grab the PSA or Joe Bob LPK's depending on what's on sale. When I see them hit $25 I usually buy a few and give them as gifts.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    ALG + JP springs is unbelievable for a budget-friendly NICE trigger. Not a match unit, of course, but for the price of admission, one only can say "holy fck".

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Just checked tracking; the two DPMS kits I ordered from Brownell's are on the truck for delivery (ordered 'em Monday, so good game Iowa!). Allegedly they're sans-FCG but include a standard A2 pistol grip.

Also snagged two cans of Aluma-Hyde II in coyote (match for FDE) to make my MCSR match the other furniture on the 16" black hole build. :)

I'll post up thoughts on the LPK's as soon as they get in. I'm guessing they'll be plenty fine.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Nevermind. Whoever our FedEx driver is, he's a total ****ing *****. Apparently the rain was a "serious weather delay" and he decided not to deliver my shit.

Seriously? It's ****ing raining, life goes on, dick. Now gimme my shit.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At least they didn't "deliver" when your home, and you find nothing - anywhere on your property.

UPS did that with a nearly $500 package.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    At least they didn't "deliver" when your home, and you find nothing - anywhere on your property.

UPS did that with a nearly $500 package.

A friend of mine recently put it very well. We are a lowest common denominator society.

I purchased two of the JP springs packs from Joebobs and I agree it makes an unbelievable difference.

I "measured" an ACT with the JP kit (yellow trigger, red hammer) with an analog fish scale (for weighing, not the little thingy that fish have on their body) and it hovered between 3.5-4 pounds over a 10-pull string.

I'm sure a real trigger pull gauge would probably be a bit more precise, but it was enough for me. May try it with an adjustment screw through the secondary hole in the lower and see what it does.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    OP I wanted to show you what I just built everything is BCM except the rail and it is Daniel Defense. Everything including charging handle and BCG. The barrel is a .750 and 16" 1 in 7 RH twist. The flash hider is YHMM. $979.84 shipped.

Attachments

• 20140430_220353.jpg
      20140430_220353.jpg
      78.2 KB · Views: 79
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads