• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I would email them and tell them if you don't get a tracking number by the end of this week you would like a refund. When they ignore that I'd call my CC company on Monday. I'd at least give them the chance to refund or provide shipping info.

Excellent advice.

Also, this is the main reason I never use a debit card for online purchases. Unlike with a REPUTABLE credit company, you have little to no recourse when you spend your "cash" online. Once its gone its gone.

Your CC should make you whole, and go to bat to protect you as their customer.

Sorry this happened to you.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    They advertise a LOT on GunBroker. I wanted a 20 inch A2 upper. They have 75% of the ads.

I too researched them, and despite being in Wisconsin (which for me is good) they had HORRIBLE reviews.

I went with DelTon. They shipped it out 2 days after receiving my MO. Arrived earlier than expected, good customer service, got exactly what I wanted.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yes he can dispute it. But unless he has a tracking number going to your address showing it has already shipped. Then he doesn't have a chance with the CC company. If it were me I'd call the CC company and dispute it . A lesson learned and go with a different company like Precision Firearms or some one closer to you.

This, Most card companies are decent with buyer protection, It's fairly basic, if the seller took your money, and didn't send your stuff, then the CC will almost certainly stick up for you. I would contact this guy and ask for a refund and a response within 3 business days, if he says no, or doesn't contact you, then call your card company.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    This, Most card companies are decent with buyer protection, It's fairly basic, if the seller took your money, and didn't send your stuff, then the CC will almost certainly stick up for you. I would contact this guy and ask for a refund and a response within 3 business days, if he says no, or doesn't contact you, then call your card company.

I had asked for a refund a month or so back and of course on that they get right back to you. Nope, sorry. "No refunds or returns on uppers since they are all specialty."

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You could have asked me to build you something.

Sorry that they are screwing you over my friend.

I appreciate that buddy. I just know how busy you've been with everything, didn't wanna bother you. Honestly this has left such a bad taste in my mouth, this thing might go STRAIGHT to gunbroker. Im contemplating ordering one from AR-15 sport, or if you can build me one I'd WAY rather give you my money.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I had asked for a refund a month or so back and of course on that they get right back to you. Nope, sorry. "No refunds or returns on uppers since they are all specialty."

Just because they think their poorly contrived grammar has the force of the law (or a contract) doesn't mean that it does. They've provided you with no product, and as far as I understand from what you've mentioned, they are well behind their promised ship date. I'd love for them to try that line with your credit card company. Their reputation with the Better Business Bureau seems to be well earned. I wouldn't be surprised if they (1) don't have a lawyer but generally try to brow beat customers and (2) operate a commercial business in a residential neighborhood.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    They still have another week or two to deliver before their lead time is over. 8-12 weeks, i think im at 10. Problem was when I called to update a new shipping address in April he thought I was trying to rush him and thats when he got nasty. I explained I just needed to change the address and he kept on his nonsense about not bothering them over the phone and to email. When I told him my 2 emails were unanswered he began to give me a sob story about being sick, how his daughter caught it now, and how I was keeping him from his sick family during my ONE phone call which lasted 7 minutes. I got maybe three sentences out the entire time. With this kinda thing im a "kill em with kindness" kinda guy and pretty much just said yea yea I understand ok sure whatever sorry to hear youve been sick etc. I really have never had a person react like this. He is IMMEDIATELY defensive. I think it is a direct reflection of people being up his ass because he flat our lies about turnaround time. After that and all the garbage feedback I tried to cancel and thats where we are today. Up shit creek with a dick captain.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They still have another week or two to deliver before their lead time is over. 8-12 weeks, i think im at 10. Problem was when I called to update a new shipping address in April he thought I was trying to rush him and thats when he got nasty. I explained I just needed to change the address and he kept on his nonsense about not bothering them over the phone and to email. When I told him my 2 emails were unanswered he began to give me a sob story about being sick, how his daughter caught it now, and how I was keeping him from his sick family during my ONE phone call which lasted 7 minutes. I got maybe three sentences out the entire time. With this kinda thing im a "kill em with kindness" kinda guy and pretty much just said yea yea I understand ok sure whatever sorry to hear youve been sick etc. I really have never had a person react like this. He is IMMEDIATELY defensive. I think it is a direct reflection of people being up his ass because he flat our lies about turnaround time. After that and all the garbage feedback I tried to cancel and thats where we are today. Up shit creek with a dick captain.

Dude must have a real shitty immune system, he was supposedly sick when I was dealing with him. Maybe I should have washed down after I opened the package so not to catch it. Rubber gloves and surgical mask if it arrives Dr. Jones, better to be safe than sorry.:innocent0

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Dude must have a real shitty immune system, he was supposedly sick when I was dealing with him. Maybe I should have washed down after I opened the package so not to catch it. Rubber gloves and surgical mask if it arrives Dr. Jones, better to be safe than sorry.:innocent0

You just can't be too careful with SARS!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I feel bad that you're having this BS to deal with, I kinda feel responsible in a way. On a bright note mine does shoot nice, but it's nothing special and if I wouldn't have been layed up I'd have bought the parts and built it myself.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I feel bad that you're having this BS to deal with, I kinda feel responsible in a way. On a bright note mine does shoot nice, but it's nothing special and if I wouldn't have been layed up I'd have bought the parts and built it myself.

It's not your fault, you just provided a link for me to check out. Im the one who had to be a nerd and "need" the 1/12 twist barrel haha. Otherwise if I wasn't acting like a rifle hipster I woulda gone 1/9.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It's not your fault, you just provided a link for me to check out. Im the one who had to be a nerd and "need" the 1/12 twist barrel haha. Otherwise if I wasn't acting like a rifle hipster I woulda gone 1/9.

The 1/12 is what kept me from jumping on your upper, I'd rather do the 1/9. I know it's not period correct but I'd rather have it.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The 1/12 is what kept me from jumping on your upper, I'd rather do the 1/9. I know it's not period correct but I'd rather have it.

In retrospect, me too. That's why I'm pretty sure this one is going bye bye ASAP and I'm looking at other solutions.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Bit the bullet and ended up ordering an M16A1 upper from AR15sport on Friday and it shipped same day. Unreal service. Thanks everyone for the help. I'd also like to thank Clandestine. As usual, he has been MORE than helpful in helping me make a good decision on the upper and what it needs to have to be historically accurate, but still modern as far as barrel, etc. A great guy to call a friend, and one hell of a Gunsmith. Also, Buff7mm has been super helpful as well. Thanks guys!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Bummer on your situation. LOTS of posterior orificese out there. So is recently ordered upper a 1:9 or 1:12 twist? Curious how you went with it.

I went with a 1/9 from AR15 sport. It arrived today. Looks and feels great, incredible customer service. Glad I went 1/9 honestly.

2ba20a5175a751cd4b35c3883ba678c2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom