• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I don't know if anyone is looking for magazines, but I picked up a couple of these: RUGER 10/22 BX25-2 50RD MAGAZINE PM298 for $ 36.99 each ($54.95 retail). Shipping was $8.50.

imgp0001-4_1_1.jpg

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    3% is almost enough room for 2 10/22 rifles. Why buy 1 when you can buy 2 for twice the price?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ya I have one. I need more................... currently I am fixated on the following. Sort of fakish but the curves of an M1 carbine type stock are very nice. Picked one of these up at Gettysburg. There were three of them on a table, one was rough finished in the oiler hole, the other had a crack. The third ok. I'm glad I got to select in person, would have expected overall better quality from Ruger.

21102_10-22-M1C_Sd_Rt+copy.jpg

10/22's have always fascinated me (and I have a holy grail model I'm still hunting)

Next up is one of the takedowns. I am torn between a plain jane and one of the new lite models

top.jpg

Next up is one of the takedowns,

Last edited:

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    I only have four 10/22s but when I see one that I don't have, I feel the urge to make a purchase.

I have a baseline stock model with blued receiver/barrel and wood stock, one with black Hogue overmolded stock and stainless steel barrel, a Talo dist exclusive with full length walnut stock with pistol grip basketweave and fore-end basketweave, and a Davidson's exclusive synthetic stock tactical takedown with threaded stainless steel barrel and mini 14 flash suppressor.

All four are rather different from each other and still would not turn down another. I'm glad to have your support if I happen to see another that catches my eye.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The standard answer for any firearm related is " can't have too many" . And indeed .22lr as a catagory is a fine thing. BUT , I seem to be the only person not enthused with 10/22's .

So from purely pragmatic :

1. Basically stock configuration for all around.
    2. Full on bench rest -ish
    Opt 3. For compact transport/ storage, the TD is the rage, but I've long been intreagued with the idea of folding stock.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    The standard answer for any firearm related is " can't have too many" . And indeed .22lr as a catagory is a fine thing. BUT , I seem to be the only person not enthused with 10/22's .

So from purely pragmatic :

1. Basically stock configuration for all around.
    2. Full on bench rest -ish
    Opt 3. For compact transport/ storage, the TD is the rage, but I've long been intreagued with the idea of folding stock.
    I'm intrigued with a folding stock on the take down version. ATI makes one.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't see the point of more than one or two but if you like them as many as you want.

You can have 4-5 and each would be used in a different scenario. Then you have the different types of 10/22. So you could own10 and no 2 would be alike.

Gabagool

Jul 11, 2013
    Harford County
    Don't let your love of 10/22s keep you from buying other guns. I think there are certain bases that every collection should cover.

That being said, I bought my second 10/22 a few weeks ago and I already want another one... If you feel like your collection is pretty well-rounded, then go for it!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Of course a well rounded collection is important. I told the wife I bought another firearm from A2 and then I hit her up with the need for another safe. She said I could get another one but not as large as the others. She is right, in that my gun room is starting to look like a gun safe showroom. I'm actually thinking about a dedicated handgun safe. I've seen some amazing examples lately.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Of course a well rounded collection is important. I told the wife I bought another firearm from A2 and then I hit her up with the need for another safe. She said I could get another one but not as large as the others. She is right, in that my gun room is starting to look like a gun safe showroom. I'm actually thinking about a dedicated handgun safe. I've seen some amazing examples lately.

Look for an old government file safe. I can fit lots of handguns in mine. I have three of them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom