• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I was at the gun show in Frederick today and ran across a vendor selling remanufactured ammo. They only had 9mm and 5.56 right now, but are expanding to .45, .40 and .357 next month, and other rifle rounds in the near future. Their reps, Andrew and Kat, told me they are using once-fired military surplus brass. Everything looked well made. They have 60 round vacuum sealed packs of 5.56 on stripper clips, as well as 50- and 100- round 9mm HBN. I asked about the blue-tipped rounds and Andrew explained that they are coating 125 gr lead bullets with a Hex Boron Nitrate mixture, creating a jacketing that prevents lead and copper fouling.

Anyhow, I figured it looked interesting so I picked up some 9mm 'plinkers' and some HBN coated rounds, as well as some of their match-grade 5.56. I shot up 50 rounds of the lead plinking rounds and a 45 round pack of the HBN rounds using a Beretta 92 and Glock 17. No feed or ejecting issues and I have to say the accuracy was very good. I was shooting metal reactive targets at 25 yards and even with my aging eyes was scoring constant hits.

Good people with a good product. In the future they will be offering custom loading services as well.

Attachments

• TK1.JPG
      TK1.JPG
      41.5 KB · Views: 636
    • TK2.jpg
      TK2.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 654
    • TK3.jpg
      TK3.jpg
      87.9 KB · Views: 623

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Wow, are those their normal prices written on the bags? I'm seeing brand new Federal, Winchester white box, and other 9mm at Walmart pretty consistently over the last month or 2 for around $15 per regular 50 round box. Also online at similar prices though with shipping added you have to buy about 6 boxes at a time online to get an equivalent per-round price.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I used to get factory 9mm for $6.50 per box (case price) at Richland Shooters Supply years ago. I know, never again. Last year I could still find 9mm fmj for $12 for 50. How can anyone get excited about reloads for $10.50 / 25? I was at the Fredneck show also and was surprised at the high prices for ammo. The first table in the door (small building) wanted $28 for target 38 (50) when Dicks is only asking $18. This vender was selling 22 bricks for $65. Even Atlantic Guns only wants $28 / 500 for Remington. I laughed at the vender and kept on moving. He must have hoarded and was trying to unload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom