• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    A co-worker brought this up today, I laughed i wonder if the ATF would now like to talk to these clowns about the illegal gun transactions that they were a part of.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    THe story is pretty stupid but could be worse, check out this crap from Australia during the 1990's right when they banned guns....

Attachments

• guncrazy.JPG
      guncrazy.JPG
      35.2 KB · Views: 176

Jettster

May 18, 2008
    I saw the same piece this morning. The thing that gets me, is that the network's buyer even stated that he would not pass the background check in order to own a firearm. To me, I couldn't sell it to him with a clear conscious.

The rest of the "story" was utter ******** and completely biased.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    "...34 people are murdered every day in gun violence..."

Of course, all rational people would agree that this means guns should be outlawed.

"...28 people are killed every day by drunk drivers..."

Any rational person realizes the only answer here is to ban either cars or alcohol or maybe both.

Do you realize anyone, even someone without a drivers license, can walk into a bar, buy alcohol, then without anyone stopping them, go to their car and drive drunk. Unbelievable, right? Anyone......it's madness. This has to stop and the only way to stop it es for ABC or MSNBC to do a hidden camera spot showing an undercover reporter waltzing into a bar, ordering a few drinks - then, in broad daylight, walk out to his car, turn the key on, and drive away. How is the government letting this happen. Who gave these drunk drivers licenses in the first place. A car, in the wrong hands, can be used to mass murder dozens of innocent bystanders. And our government still sanctions the licensing of these killing machines.

Ban guns, cars, and alcohol.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    don't these folks see that by totally exaggerating all of this ("police" pistol, ak47 bullets, 5 mile hits on aircraft, buying over the internet just like from amazon) that they lose credibility.

all they had to do was say face to face sales are legal given certain criteria and spell out that criteria.

buttttttttt noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A world where anyone can buy a gun no questions asked? That sounds scary... That sounds like real freedom... Make it stop.

I love where they say the SKS was modified to take AK-47 ammunition. Priceless.

That is the alternative to filing down the firing pin. If you can get the AK-47 ammo, you can go full-auto.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Right...or just break into our houses and steal ours! Dumb question but are there states where you can sell a handgun face to face without transferring through the state police? I thought that was federal?
    No, it's not Federal law. When I lived in North Carolina, I had friends that I swapped, bought, and sold handguns with all the time......without any state police or other agency being involved. Everything was off the books and completely legal.

It was the same way here in Maryland up until the late '90s. Private sales were unregulated.

AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    I just lost time off my life from watching that crap. What a blow hard. Only reason that was on air because NYC funded it. Plain and simple.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I love where they say the SKS was modified to take AK-47 ammunition. Priceless.

They figured it out that since A comes before S and that there are more letters in SKS than AK that therefore the AK is older than the SKS and so in conclusion the SKS was modified to take 7.62x39 ammo!!!!

It all makes sense now!! If it wasn't for the media I would never have known. They are freakin' geniuses!! :sarcasm:

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    I'm not shocked about the report, I'm more shocked about the amount of people that still watch NBC. Ahhh lemmings life would be boring without the dumb masses.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I do high powered rocketry for a hobby,,, years ago,, the feds went to one of the leading motor manufacturers,, and DEMANDED they provide them with motors for testing. They wanted to prove you could shoot down an airliner with a rocket. Long story short,, they ignored EVERY safety rule we impose upon our selves,, and tried to launch a "J" powered rocket from a back of a van,, to prove you could drive up to an airport and quickly launch a rocket to shoot down a plane,,, they had quite a few motors in packages (some rumors were up to 20 motors) the motor they assembled,, INCORRECTLY blew a nozzle out,, shooting the propellant grains into the back of the van,,, where they had a bunch of propellant sitting around,, that propellant lit,, and ,,, well,,, burned the van to the frame. BUT we are the ones they need to worry about?????

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    [Soapbox]

I watched the segment and it just oozed biased journalism. There was way too much drama from the anchor.

The other thing that really pissed me off was they kept harping on the fact that the buyer said they couldn't pass a background check. Ok, first off in both cases the guy saying sort of laughed as he said it. Do you know how many times I've been in a gun store when someone is filling out the paperwork on a gun and they jokingly say "Yes" to the question about being mentally incompetent? Does that mean the dealer should just kick them out?

I also liked the comment about the .50BMG being able to go 5 miles. Yes, it probably can not it's not accurate at that range.

What and they kept saying "buying guns online". I've used the classifieds on MDS several times to sell both regulated and unregulated guns but NEVER considered this selling them online.

Just my $.02.

[/Soapbox]

lostsole

Feb 28, 2011
    North West Balto Co
    What and they kept saying "buying guns online". I've used the classifieds on MDS several times to sell both regulated and unregulated guns but NEVER considered this selling them online.

This is called advertising, no different than Cigarettes & Alcohol on billboards, the radio or the TV. It is legal to let people know it is for sale but can't be legally sold to a minor.

Last edited:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I do high powered rocketry for a hobby,,, years ago,, the feds went to one of the leading motor manufacturers,, and DEMANDED they provide them with motors for testing. They wanted to prove you could shoot down an airliner with a rocket. Long story short,, they ignored EVERY safety rule we impose upon our selves,, and tried to launch a "J" powered rocket from a back of a van,, to prove you could drive up to an airport and quickly launch a rocket to shoot down a plane,,, they had quite a few motors in packages (some rumors were up to 20 motors) the motor they assembled,, INCORRECTLY blew a nozzle out,, shooting the propellant grains into the back of the van,,, where they had a bunch of propellant sitting around,, that propellant lit,, and ,,, well,,, burned the van to the frame. BUT we are the ones they need to worry about?????

Don't worry. Your tax dollars will buy them a new van and more propellent for a second attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom