Barbara A. Mikulski
    Benjamin L. Cardin

US Representative (Maryland District 1):
    Andrew Harris
    State Senator (District 4):
    David R. Brinkley

State Delegates (District 4B):
    Donald B. Elliott

Well, I just finished my hot DINO shower, as well. Listed above are my elected representatives. Am I correct in assuming the bottom three are pro-2a and the rest need to be voted the fvck out?

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Same for me in Harford County, at least at the District level. Now when you're dealing with State and Federal level politicians, maybe it would make sense to DNO, but right now I think our battle is at the state level.

mesduckman

Registered Sika Offender
    Feb 17, 2014
    Carney, MD
    Just a thought here. I am a Balto. County resident and have not left the Democratic party. There is something to be said for remaining in the Dem. party from a strategic perspective. Take them down from within. I know some may disagree, but I like keeping my enemies close.

"By infiltrating your opponents' ranks, working from within to bring them down, you give them nothing to see or react against — the ultimate advantage. To take something you want, do not fight those who have it, but rather join them — then either slowly make it your own or wait for the moment to stage a coup d'état."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/33-s...ly-to-everyday-life-2012-5?op=1#ixzz2uWUayCLr

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I am in District 8 in Baltimore County. All three of my delegates (Cluster, Bromwell, and Boetler) and my Senator (Klausimier) are solidly pro-2A.

I am a DINO because Bromwell and Klausimier are D's and I can help them in the primary. I am also a DINO so I can help in the Governor and AG race.

We have some good, solid gubernatorial candidates this year who are R. We need to do all we can in the democrat gubernatorial primary to hopefully get the weakest candidate into the general election.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I was told the look on Brochin's face was priceless when Mopar92 called him out in testimony yesterday saying he was only presenting his bill to save face from voting FOR SB281 last year and it was in fact the same amendment that Smigiel put in last year and again this year on the House side. I wish I could have seen it!!

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am in Congressional District 03, Legislative District 14. I'm a life long Republican (almost 4 decades of voting). I have noticed my R vote seems to be useless. DINO seems to be a great idea for me.

We have cookies.

So tell me, what can I use to wash off the shame of switching. Make it good, cuz I need some reinforcement to do the right thing.

I find some range time helps, then a 'liberal' ;) application of Hoppe's

When asked, do I really have to admit being a Democrat?

Loud and proud, baybee. We can do this.

(The above is half joking and half serious. I know I need to switch, but it just feels soooo wrong.)

PS: 1st post,been lurking too long)

Welcome to the meat grinder.

:D:D:D

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am a dino in glen burnie district 32. Is this gonna help us?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It certainly can.

As noted elsewhere, Beidle and Sophocleus are squishes. While they profess 2A support, it's always "qualified" and can be erratic.

DeGrange--while I like him personally--has outstayed his usefulness. There's no D against him in the primary, but having DINOs on the rolls will give a false sense of security come Nov.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    There seems to be some different opinons regarding primarying Brochin out.

It appears that MOM is putting up his own person to challenge Brochin.

Any ideas on this? Sounds like a Liberal trick.

You have to vote Brochin and others out to show there are consequences for SB281. It doesn't even matter if the next one is the same or worse. If worse, vote that one out the next year.

Yes, what fabs said. We must try to vote them all out (everyone who voted for SB281). This is the promise we made, and Brochin literally laughed at us.

Even if we fail at bumping them out in the primary, they have to spend time and money that they won't have for the general election.

I understand and am in general agreement with the DINO strategy but I also think we have a unique situation and opportunity to hit a home run in the November general election in District 42. The recent redistricting has created a voter demographic which could quite possibly result in a Republican victory. For that to happen, we need to make sure that the politically weakest Democratic candidate survives the primary.

MOM's meat puppet candidate, should she win the primary, will have none of Brochin's legislative history to drag her down. She will have the full backing of the Democratic machine. She will not have to explain her vote on the rain tax, on FSA2013, etc.

Brochin, on the other hand, has created plenty of problems for himself. He would be much easier to defeat in November and we would be better served having a Republican pro-2A Senator than risking the chance of a machine backed MOM clone.

Counter to the "official" DINO thought process, I know, but this is Maryland and sometimes you have to think backwards.

Mr H

Banana'd
    dogbone said:
    MOM's meat puppet candidate, should she win the primary, will have none of Brochin's legislative history to drag her down. She will have the full backing of the Democratic machine. She will not have to explain her vote on the rain tax, on FSA2013, etc.

Brochin, on the other hand, has created plenty of problems for himself. He would be much easier to defeat in November and we would be better served having a Republican pro-2A Senator than risking the chance of a machine backed MOM clone.

My thoughts exactly...

Curran & Co. will give DeJuliis their full backing, and try to solidify their influence in a big(gish) money district. Weakening Brochin AFTER the primary is the better move here, IMO.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I am a dino in glen burnie district 32. Is this gonna help us?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. D32 is very much a swing district this year with an open seat from Love (D & very anti-2A) retiring and Sophocleus has been, and currently is, very ill. His seat will almost guaranteed to be filled over the next 4 years. So you can help swing the district to allow a very supportive 2A R in. And with a very full Democrate primary you can have a lot of fun with them.

My initial suggestions for District 32 democrates who want to see some changes, vote for Tanjay McCoy, Steven Wyatt, and Ted Sophocleus. My initial opinion is that they are the most easily defeated. My suggestions may change as the elections move forward.

Edit. On a side note for anyone thinking about Mark Chang, he switched from R to D as he is on the payroll of DeGrange. He is the heir apparent to Love. He will be the next DeGrange. He will vote in committee to allow a floor vote then vote against it on the floor. DeGrange is the sole reason we now have SB281.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    There seems to be some different opinons regarding primarying Brochin out.

It appears that MOM is putting up his own person to challenge Brochin.

Any ideas on this? Sounds like a Liberal trick.

Regardless of who replaces Brochin, they won't be guaranteed any of his committee appointment, the most important to us of which is Judicial Proceedings.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Forgive my ignorance. I'm in Baltimore county, which is fairly blue, so I guess I'm good to go. Are we maintaining a list of people that we SHOULD be voting for (i.e., the lesser evil compared to the incumbent)? I'm going to try HARD to spread the word about this to all my friends in Mongtomery and Baltimore counties, we MUST make a difference for the primaries, this state is sinking.

Anyone but the incumbent, and if there is more than one, start coordinating which one. So far there is no master list, it is up to each district to post a list and keep track of information.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Where I live in Allegany County I don't see where it would be advantageous for me to become a DINO.

It wouldn't be, again, this is for those of us stuck in Districts held by democrats.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Same for me in Harford County, at least at the District level. Now when you're dealing with State and Federal level politicians, maybe it would make sense to DNO, but right now I think our battle is at the state level.

You are mostly correct, our battle right now is at the district level, to turn over as many democrat incumbent seats as possible.

I've lived in this liberal taxing cesspool of a state all my life, always been a Republican. I never had a clue about maryland having closed primaries until I was schooled here at this site. Now thanks to this site I'm a DINO hiding in plain sight and my vote means something unlike it did before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom